I'm going to try something new - I've never done a HB model.

CIMG1279_zps9bab4631.jpg

1/48 HobbyBoss F4U-4 (Early)

And the aftermarket:

Scale Aircraft Conversions F4U-4 Landing Gear

Eduard F4U-4 PE (for the Hasegawa kit but I will use a few parts from it

Eduard PE for the rockets

True Details wheels

True Details Tiny Tim Rockets

Edited by CorsairMan

After talking to Corsairman ill be trying to resurrect a diorama build I think I started two years ago in the hero GB or whatever it was called.

I am trying to depict the scenario when Thomas Hudner won his Medal of Honor. The actual corsair models are mostly built but I have an immense amount of work to do on the diorama base. I've never done scenery or anything so this may take a while.

I'm tryin to replicate something that looks like this painting.

69CC3E47-CED8-44FA-BB7B-4AB66BBD4D8D-7410-000001F99B39CE24_zps205ede6b.jpg

Edited by Bigasshammm

Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A converted to F4U-4

Aftermarket:

CMK F4U-4 conversion set

Ultracast wheels

My own custom decals for VMF-451

I did this one last year - the tricky parts are the front of the cowling to the cowling and the flap alignment. My conversion set slightly shrank so I had to use Ultracast "up" flaps (which fit perfectly). My build is here: My link

I'll get pics up when I can. The link is the idea.

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Fea1/801-900/Fea869_Corsair_Diaz/00.shtm

Except I'll be using the the old Hasagawa F4U-4 and ARII F4U-1A kits

Verlinden Corsair super detail kit

New engine from Engines and things

Moskit exhaust pipes

True Details wheel set

Squadron canapy

Decals for Ken Walsh's #13.

I've eye balled the 2 fuses and it looks like it'll work. I'll be cutting those first so if it doesn't fit I'll do something else.

Edited by tenspeed

I will be building Trumpeters 1/32 F4U-4, kit#02222. I don't know if I will use any aftermarket stuff as this kit seems to have enough good parts already. Might use some artistic license and do a Aeronavale Suez period paint job,even though I think those were -5s.

I will be building Trumpeters 1/32 F4U-4, kit#02222. I don't know if I will use any aftermarket stuff as this kit seems to have enough good parts already. Might use some artistic license and do a Aeronavale Suez period paint job,even though I think those were -5s.

Those would have been -7's or AU-1's for the Aeronavale.

I am in with a revell 1/32 Corsair and a Verlinden cockpit set

Markings undecided might be a what if from the tv series baa baa black is it a what if ? the series has a mixture of all types of corsairs...and they were not actually following the real black sheep types and colours....so i think what if applies.....

or

oob markings

rgds

mr b

Those would have been -7's or AU-1's for the Aeronavale.

Yup! Now I've always wondered why there has never been a conversion for the Trump F4U-4 to make it a -5, -6, -7.

You just need a new front end, engine, cockpit and wingtips and you have any late model corsair... right?

OK, so that worked. Just add that this is what I'll be doing with the above pic.

Bashing a Hasagawa F4U-4 and ARII F4U-1A kits

Verlinden Corsair super detail kit

New engine from Engines and things

Moskit exhaust pipes

True Details wheel set

Squadron canapy

Decals for Ken Walsh's #13.

Edited by tenspeed

Hello,

I would like to join you guys with an 1/48 F4U-7 from Revell which I began a while ago.

I have done some works only on the cockpit and engine, and I will continue it as soon as I will finish my F-104, I wish by the end of march.

It will be of course with french navy markings, certainly from a school squadron at the very end of the 50's.

Tony

I will be building a bashed Corsair in 1/72 scale. No not a smashed Corsair but I am bashing a Testors and Italeri kit together; following the suggestion from a Modeling Madness Review of the Testors kit. In the review the author concludes that bashing the two together will produce a model that is superior to either of the two alone.

Edited by Fellow Hobbyist