1/18th F-14B Tomcat conversion

IMG_3317_zps49ff84ae.jpg

I had to add some .010" sheet plastic to the tails, to make up for a slight gap, where they meet the forward fairings. I want to paint the tails seperately from the jet, to avoid that dry overspray area I'd get between the tails during painting.

Steve

Edited by A-10 LOADER

IMG_3329_zps8ce66a7b.jpg

After about 20 minutes here's the result. Kinda hard to see in these photos but, it looks really good IMO. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. We'll see how it looks after some primer.

Steve

No sir, loaded A-10's for the 111th Fighter Wing, out of the former Willow Grove Air Reserve Station, from May of 1994 til Sep 2011. Now I am a part-timer at Atlantic City's 177th Fighter Wing on the F-16C. I am just a Tomcat nut, that's all.

Steve

OK, finally received my other "Bombcat" parts from my friend, thanks Ted !! Great job !! These are the two aft Phoenix pallets complete with the BRU-32 bomb racks and BDU-50's (inert MK-82 500lb. bombs). This gives you the availability to equip your Tomcat with different loadouts, which is what I want to do.

He is going to do a VERY LOW, "Limited run" of 15 sets total for those of you who may be interested. You can contact him directly, via e-mail, at dyersart@comcast.net. I have nothing to do with this venture. I am just trying to help a friend out. He actually did this as a favor for me because we are friends. Look him up, you won't be dissappointed. Enjoy the photos.

Steve