1/48th Monogram F-117A

IMG_2936_zpsa722eea6.jpg

This was a whole other project in itself. The tarmac was made using .020" sheet plastic. The joints between the ramp sections were all scribed. I used a 1/48th scale rule to get the ramp sections to scale plus, I measured the sections on our flightline to get an idea of what size they should roughly be. The concrete color was a special mix I came up with. I sprayed the entire ramp first then, masked off for the lines. Once the colors were finished I wet sanded the entire surface, to knock down the paint line ridge between the colors and the ramp. Some black wash was applied to all the joints and cracks and finally, 2 coats of flat applied. The ramp section is glued down to a piece of 3/4" MDF and the edging is cherry wood with 3 coats of semi - gloss clear. I sanded between each coat of clear as well. I think it came out really well.

Steve

IMG_3216_zpse185ecfc.jpg

Some photos of the underside and the cockpit. This is the best I could do with the point and shoot. I have 5 SLR's but, no macro lenses. May have to look into one I guess.

Steve

• 4 weeks later...