1/32 Tamiya F-15K

I used the following:

Legend Seats

Wolfpack F-15E upgrade Kit

Wolfpack Pods

Aires Nozzles

Eduard RBF tags

JP's Intake blocks and probe covers. They're really nice and I recommend you order some for your model.

Zacto Aim-9x. Just an awesome piece.

Academy F-16D decals

Academy Weapons

Trumpeter Slam-ER. I had to modify this cause it come with the wings molded in the inflight position.

I scratch built a Tiger Eye pod. It's not that great, but it's decent.

I used RB Productions Riveter to rivet both the top and bottom sides.

YES, I KNOW THE LOADOUT IS NOT PROBABLY REAL, BUT THEY ARE REMOVABLE!

I'm happy to be finished with this model. I'm not sure what I'll start next.

I hope you like it.

picturety.jpg

36911031.jpg

backgw.jpg

picture1192.jpg

picture1219k.jpg

nozzlesz.jpg

undery.jpg

Weight-wise it would be okay, but I think that GBU-24's are only cleared for the middle CFT pylons, not the front. The model itself though...LOOKS AWESOME! I think you did an excellent job on it all-around. The weapons look good, I like the weathering, the off-color radome adds some interest to the model over-all, and the exhausts look great. Really good job on the whole thing.

Aaron

Oooh :wub: :wub:

Looks FANTASTIC.. :yahoo:

Impressive paint job, weathering, NEAT & FLAWLESS workmanship. :clap2:

Even the loadout is incredible looking.... :thumbsup2:

Those bare metal finished nozzles are PHENOMENAL...I don't think I have seen a more beautiful Mudhen. { F-15K } than this.

:smiley-whacky084:

HOLMES. :wub:

Thanks a lot, everyone. I just have a few progress pictures on the engine area.

I sanded down the raised detail on the Aires cans. There is still a little bit, but its not so noticeable.

1. Primed with Tamiya enamel gloss black.

2. I lightly sprayed Polished Aluminum.

3. I sprayed steel in the panels .

4. I sprayed chrome to blend it all in.

5. I did the same for the nozzles. Except masked it and used tire black for the black area.

20130205222610.jpg

20130127114051.jpg

20130127114944.jpg

20130127121813.jpg

Edited by sharkey

This if FYI only, not to take anything away from your model at all. If you want to chage it, great...If not, more power to you. I think you did an awesome job either way. I talked to an F-15 crew chief friend of mine who confirmed what I thought. GBU-24's are only cleared for stations 2, 5, 8 (wing and C/L pylons) and stations LCT/RCT-2 (center bottom CFT pylons) not LCT/RCT-1 (like you have them) or LCT/RCT-3 (the back pylons). With the larger fins of the GBU-24 vs. the GBU-10, there is a possibility of the fins scraping the ground on takeoff/touchdown if installed on the front or back of the CFT's.

Again, FYI only.

Aaron

This if FYI only, not to take anything away from your model at all. If you want to chage it, great...If not, more power to you. I think you did an awesome job either way. I talked to an F-15 crew chief friend of mine who confirmed what I thought. GBU-24's are only cleared for stations 2, 5, 8 (wing and C/L pylons) and stations LCT/RCT-2 (center bottom CFT pylons) not LCT/RCT-1 (like you have them) or LCT/RCT-3 (the back pylons). With the larger fins of the GBU-24 vs. the GBU-10, there is a possibility of the fins scraping the ground on takeoff/touchdown if installed on the front or back of the CFT's.

Again, FYI only.

Aaron

Thanks, Aaron. I think I'm going to leave it there. I put the model away and don't want to be fiddling with pieces again. Thanks for the information!