Hi guys,

Change of plan for my build.....i'm still not impressed with some aspects of the new Academy kit,so i'll be changing back to the old faithful Hasegawa 1/48 30th Anniversary F-4E kit

Gary

Hello,

I am thinking of jumping in with my Testor's RF-4B ... At some point I painted the white parts, and started the cockpit. It is the boxing with bicentennial decals.

I was also curious, what is the lineage of the Testors 1/48th phantoms? I know Testor's usually boxed kits from other companies. I should be able to finish by the deadline.

Thanks

-Kurt

I will next undertake a ROKAF double build - F-4E and RF-4C, both Hasegawa, both 1/72. I started the F-4E on Monday, the RF-4C will start tonight!

The name of this GB... well, I wasn't one before, but I've certainly become one!

Some new interesting builds, I think we got a few firsts here, an ESCI kit, ROKAF Phantoms, and a Testors RF-4. Welcome new members and :cheers: to current members with new builds.

V/r

Ron

Some new interesting builds, I think we got a few firsts here, an ESCI kit, ROKAF Phantoms, and a Testors RF-4. Welcome new members and :cheers:/> to current members with new builds.

V/r

Ron

You havent updated the build list in a long time!

You havent updated the build list in a long time!

Yeah, been slacking there, actually built an Excel spreadsheet to keep up with everyone's progress for the raffles, could easily mod that to include the other data.

V/r

Ron

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm just getting back in the hobby. My first build in ten years is an ESCI Phantom. I've built it a B in USN markings. I don't know how good it actually looks but I've had a great time building it. It gave me a chance to knock the rust off my airbrushing skills and try a few aftermarket parts. The Phantom is almost complete. The weapons and a few stencils are the last pieces to go on. I just have to figure out how to post pics on here.

I just have to figure out how to post pics on here.

You'll need to sign up to a picture sharing site like Flickr, Photobucket, Imageshack, etc and download your pictures there. They will provide direct links to show images here.

Hi Steve,

Your build is advanced well beyong what many would consider acceptable for the standard group build here on ARC. But, I will not turn away a potential Phantom Addict. Unless there are any objections, you can join the build and be elegibale for the monthly raffles given you have an active thread for each month, but I believe it would be unfair to others who have worked on their projects from the ground up in the PAA build for your entry to be eligible for the final raffle at this point.

V/r

Ron

Thanks Ron....do not include me in the raffles. I am just looking for the motivation to finish this phantom....you Phantoms Addicts will help do the trick!!!

Thank You

Steve

Welcome Steve!

V/r

Ron

Seriously, you want to know what I am going to build?

Well.........

Everything will be 1/48 that I know for sure.

Hasegawa British Phantom, green and grey, not sure which squadron yet, but colourful. Kit decals. ***done***

Has. RF-4E Turkey, Hi decals***done***

Has F-4E Turkey Hi decals.***done***

Hase F-4E SJ Afterburner***done***

Hase F-4E SJ Afterburner***done***

Has F-4B VF-51 Furball***done***

Has F-4E South Korea***done***

Has F-4EJ Japan***done***

Right, so everything is now done. Last night at long last I found an affordable Academy F-4B. Also yesterday some very nice Furball decals arrived in the mail. Therefore a choice must be made.

VF-41 CAG ****done****

VF-84 flag tail?

VF-21 kind of low vis?

Edited by phantom

Right, so everything is now done. Last night at long last I found an affordable Academy F-4B. Also yesterday some very nice Fightertown decals arrived in the mail. Therefore a choice must be made.

VF-41 CAG?

VF-84 flag tail?

VF-21 kind of low vis?

The CAG bird sure is purty!

V/r

Ron

Okay, in with #6, if you want to count the 1/72 Airfix kit as an entry. :P

Will be building the kit up as an F-4J and using AeroMaster VF-103 decals.

Okay, in with #6, if you want to count the 1/72 Airfix kit as an entry. :P/>

Will be building the kit up as an F-4J and using AeroMaster VF-103 decals.

There's still plenty of time left on the build clock to squeeze in another Phantom or two.

V/r

Ron

Okay, entry #7, which I will start tonight or tomorrow, will be a straight OOB build... 1/72 Hasegawa RF-4B of VMCJ-1, RM 00 in the 1971 scheme (marking option #3 in the VMCJ-1 boxing (00935)).