I'm in.... Hasegawa FGR.2 RAF No.23 squadron, likely the Port Stanley Falklands Island flight scheme. Found a set of decals on evil-bay the other day that gave me the motivation. Also have the Aires Spey engine exhausts and Eduard color PE. Is that cheating? My cockpit painting skills don't hold water compared to some so that's what I do.

Edited by kevin.n.home

Ok i'm in too!

I have a abysmal track record for finishing GB's....but how can any self respecting Jet guy not love the Phantom!

I'll build the Academy F-4B,i may pick up afew resin upgrades/corrections. Unit markings: TBA maybe USMC/Vietnam

Gary

Ok i'm in too!

I have a abysmal track record for finishing GB's....but how can any self respecting Jet guy not love the Phantom!

I'll build the Academy F-4B,i may pick up afew resin upgrades/corrections. Unit markings: TBA maybe USMC/Vietnam

Gary

Gary,

We'll keep our eyes on you to make sure you DO finish this GB...

Harald

Ok, I opened some of the shipping boxes full of plastic last night and I have found several Phantom kits to build. First up, Hase Bicentinnial Marine Phantom from VMFA 115. Guys, help me out with these Has kits. I am finishing up my academy and the has's are way different!!!

-Jim

Ok, I opened some of the shipping boxes full of plastic last night and I have found several Phantom kits to build. First up, Hase Bicentinnial Marine Phantom from VMFA 115. Guys, help me out with these Has kits. I am finishing up my academy and the has's are way different!!!

-Jim

Hey Jim,

Take it you finally moved up to Jacksonville area?

I've got a Hasegawa F-4J that I think would fit the bill; lot's of decals waiting to be applied so I'll have to see what I have. The long length of the build is appealing as I'm glacially slow in building. I'm also a rank amateur here so it could be fun getting to know the ropes. My name's Frank, and I build USN mostly so you won't find me in many other builds, which could help my build time here!

-Jim

REALLY easy kit, the intakes can be a bugger the first time but thats it. Surprisingly the 72 kit is more detailed then 48. After you build the kit around 20 times it gets pretty easy.

Going to start off with a Monogram 1/72 F-4C/D built as The Hooligan's North Dakota Centennial F-4D that I pulled from a Fujimi kit. I have resin wheels and might go with resin seats.

• Monogram 1/72 F-4C/D 119th FIG (Fujimi special kit decals)
  • Monogram 1/48 F-4C 45th TFS, Ubon 1965, 1st Mig kill Aeromaster decals
  • Fujimi 1/72 F-4B VF-51 CVW-19, Microscale decals
  • Fujimi 1/72 RF-4B VMCJ-3 (Hasegawa kit decals)
  • Hasegawa 1/48 F-4B/N VMFA-323, EagleStrike decals
  • ?
  • ?
  • ?

Edited by Spectre711

I'm in with a Hasegawa F-4EJ in 1/72, will be building as a Turkish F-4E with TwoBob's decals.

A query though, are there two Hasegawa F-4E kits? I was expecting to get engraved panel lines but the kit (a 2008 release, standard boxing F-4EJ) has raised panel lines.

I'm in with a Hasegawa F-4EJ in 1/72, will be building as a Turkish F-4E with TwoBob's decals.

A query though, are there two Hasegawa F-4E kits? I was expecting to get engraved panel lines but the kit (a 2008 release, standard boxing F-4EJ) has raised panel lines.

Yep, there's their cheapo old F-4/EJ kit, and their good new kit. I think the older versions come in these boxes, which I think are also smaller than the newer kits' boxes:

http://modelingmadness.com/scott/viet/us/standf4bt.jpg

http://img0008.popscreencdn.com/124693686_72-f-4ej-phantom-ii-hasegawa-331-ebay.jpg

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than me --not a tall order-- can fill you in on the whole score.

Edited by Procopius

Do you have a kit number?

There were a bunch of subjects released from the same mold and they are older(Thunderbirds, 5000th...etc. The F-4EJ was at least released 3 times with the old mold. The 3 in the picture including the F-4F near the upper left and the 6 F-4Es on the right are all old mold. I don't know if they put the old mold kits in the larger boxes. The F-4F in the larger box is new mold.

P1010001_zpscdc720ef.jpg

Do you have a kit number?

There were a bunch of subjects released from the same mold and they are older(Thunderbirds, 5000th...etc. The F-4EJ was at least released 3 times with the old mold. The 3 in the picture including the F-4F near the upper left and the 6 F-4Es on the right are all old mold. I don't know if they put the old mold kits in the larger boxes. The F-4F in the larger box is new mold.

The kit is 00331, and it's in the small box. 2008 release based on the copyright dates.

Edited by mawz

I'm 99.9% positive that's the old mold kit with is missiles like in the F-4E and F-4F. Usually the ones in the larger box with the white border and kit title along the bottom are the ne molds. Someone else here might be able to verify this.

http://modelingmadness.com/scott/mod/previews/hasegawa/00752.htm is the newer mold and you can see the sprue arrangement.

Edited by Spectre711

Signing in with Has F-4D and RF-4C and some XtraDecals. The RF-4 will be the RF-4B kit brought up to AF standards (in 48th).

I've also got a 2 Bobs 48th Kara Sahin decal sheet in 48th if anyone wants it for this GB (came in a trade). Free to someone in the US. Outside the US, you pay the shipping.

REALLY easy kit, the intakes can be a bugger the first time but thats it. Surprisingly the 72 kit is more detailed then 48. After you build the kit around 20 times it gets pretty easy.

Why am I not surprised you would say something like this.;) I've only been here a couple months but have watched you crank for models out in what seems like a day an a half.

Hi,

With this GB I hope to graduate from being a Phantom collecting addict to being a Phantom building addict. I have collected stuff for years, but I still need to actually complete an Hasegewa F-4. :rolleyes:

So, it seems good idea to try my hand at another F-4J in preparation for my holy grail with the CE intakes and Royale Resin conversion.

I'll build an F-4J of VF-92 with Fox One decals.

Cheers, Stefan.

Hi Phellow Phantom Phans! What a great GB. My entry will be a 1/72 QF-4N based on the Hasegawa F-4B/N kit. I will be a little slow to start this one as I have 2 other kits that I am trying to finish (one is for another GB) but I will get rolling soon.

Have fun modeling!

Mike

:cheers:/>