• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I got a few in the stash. I'll start with the Academy F-4B. Hopefully I can score some VF-142 decals for it. Or maybe something else. Don't know yet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had a look at the different operators people are building Phantoms of, and noticed some are still missing. (Iran, South Korea, Egypt, Spain) So that's why I will start a 1/72 Hasegawa F-4C in Spanish markings this weekend. Since I'm already close to painting the metal areas on my F-4G, I might as well spray 2 kits at the same time. Saves me one cleaning session with the airbrush.

Thread will be started soon. Using a Hasegawa kit, Cobra Company exhausts and Series Espanolas decals.

Edited by Pete

I had a look at the different operators people are building Phantoms of, and noticed some are still missing. (Iran, South Korea, Egypt, Spain) So that's why I will start a 1/72 Hasegawa F-4C in Spanish markings this weekend.

Well, once the kit arrives I'll be starting a 1/72 Hasegawa F-4E in South Korean markings, so that'll be another ticked off the list!

I had a look at the different operators people are building Phantoms of, and noticed some are still missing. (Iran, South Korea, Egypt, Spain) So that's why I will start a 1/72 Hasegawa F-4C in Spanish markings this weekend. Since I'm already close to painting the metal areas on my F-4G, I might as well spray 2 kits at the same time. Saves me one cleaning session with the airbrush.

Thread will be started soon. Using a Hasegawa kit, Cobra Company exhausts and Series Espanolas decals.

Good choice Pete, don't think there's an Isreali Phantom either (may have to update the statistics page for a current picture), funny because the Isreali stuff was so hot-to-trot not long ago.

V/r

Ron

Good choice Pete, don't think there's an Isreali Phantom either (may have to update the statistics page for a current picture), funny because the Isreali stuff was so hot-to-trot not long ago.

V/r

Ron

Ron,

probably my next one is a kurnass of the YKW era in Orange tail markings,I hope....

Gianni

Ron,

probably my next one is a kurnass of the YKW era in Orange tail markings,I hope....

Gianni

That's great Gianni, no respective Phantom build is complete without an Israeli Phantom.

V/r

Ron

Cool! I'm in with a Hasegawa F-4E Phantom using decals from Afterburner. Phantom will be a 51st TFW bird and I'll be using True Details resin intakes and cockpit.

Cool! I'm in with a Hasegawa F-4E Phantom using decals from Afterburner. Phantom will be a 51st TFW bird and I'll be using True Details resin intakes and cockpit.

Sounds Phantastic! Welcome to the build.

V/r

Ron

I'm planning on doing a USAF F-4D, E, or G" I'm not sure which, or maybe a GG/Wh Navy Phantom....within the next month I'll know. I'm leaning heavily toward an E or G, however on Holloman we had "D's" so....it's a hard decision like any Phantastic Phantom Phanatic the options are just so varied...and the very cool markings and schemes the Navy had...it's simply very :wacko: :wacko: .

Edited by #1 Greywolf

Okay I haven't' been able to secure my Academy Phantom yet. So I have been working on an RF-4 project instead. So I will be doing an RF-4 for this group build as well as an F-4J. Both 1/48 Both from Hasegawa.

Hello !! Late to the party, i would like to enter a 1/32 Tamiya F-4C/D Phantom in the colors and markings of the Niagara Falls ANG in the Hill Gray schemes. Will try to finish for September.

Don

Edited by dmthamade

i'd like to join, but won't. i have no kit yet and 2nd to that, i'm researching on how to build an QRF-4C. i'm leaning towards the RF-4C kit of Revell. then i have to see how i make the model look pale, as in sun weathered, with red/orange wingtips and tail. like how they sit at BAE in Mojave, CA.

any help would be appreciated though :)

will follow thread, since i love these old timers!

Robert