I think there's room and time for one more. So I will start a 1/72 Hasegawa F-4E and will do it in 57th FIS markings. The 57th FIS was part of ADC and based at NAS Keflavik on Iceland. They were painted in ADC grey, so this should be an easy and quick build.

I am not happy with myself. The F-4 is my favorite aircraft and I have yet to finish a kit for this group build. I will finish my RF-4 tomorrow and I am going to start on a 1:48 Monogram F-4C. It will be OOB so I should be able to finish it before the end of August.

Everything will be 1/48 that I know for sure.

Hasegawa British Phantom, green and grey, not sure which squadron yet, but colourful. Kit decals. ***done***

Has. RF-4E Turkey, Hi decals***done***

Has F-4E Turkey Hi decals.***done***

Hase F-4E SJ Afterburner***done***

Has F-4B VF-51 Furball***done***

Has F-4E South Korea***done***

Has F-4EJ Japan***done***

Academy F-4B VF-41 **done**

Number 10, Hasegawa F-4F JG 71 Norm 72 scheme.

I'll bet you'll squeek in number 11 before the build ends. An impressive assortment of finished Phantoms so far! I'll leave a space under your build list on the GB spreadsheet just in case ;)

V/r

Ron

Edited by bashace
  • 2 weeks later...

Sadly as much as I desired to participate in this GB, life has a way of disrupting ones plans and leaving naught but anguish, sadness and utter frustration. I cannot start a build at this late date and hope to finish it in time to beat the deadline. I suppose it could be done; if I left off the paint, sanding and other steps required to do a decent build, however I will not dishonor the GB or other modelers or the hobby by entering a build with less than 100% effort. I will enjoy seeing the builds others submit, how can one not enjoy phantastic Phantoms philling the phorum with photos :whistle: :D .

[

Everything will be 1/48 that I know for sure.

Hasegawa British Phantom, Kit decals. ***done***

Has. RF-4E Turkey, Hi decals***done***

Has F-4E Turkey Hi decals.***done***

Has F-4B VF-51 Furball***done***

Has F-4E South Korea kit decals***done***

Has F-4EJ Japan Model Alliance***done***

Academy F-4B VF-41 Furball***done***

Hase F-4F JG-71 Airdoc***done***

And to finish, Has F-4N Furball VF-21***done***

updated.

Edited by phantom

I just realised I never made a post here for my 8th entry! So here it is then: 1/72 Accurate Miniatures F-4C/D using Monokio decals for ROKAF SEA scheme.

Not a problem, already had this build listed on the tracking spreadsheet for you :thumbsup:

V/r

Ron

I think I have time for one more... entry #9 (number nine, number nine, number nine, number nine...)

So: I'm going to start on a Hasegawa RF-4E (1/72 of course) with Airdoc decals for a Luftwaffe plane in Norm 72.

BUT! If the decals arrive by Wednesday's mail, I'll switch that entry to a US Navy F-4G - if that's alright with the mods? If not - I'll see the RF-4 through!

Okay, so nothing from Hannant's in today's mail, so for my ninth and final entry I'll be doing the Hasegawa RF-4E (1/72) with Airdoc decals for a Luftwaffe bird in Norm 72.

I failed to finish in time, but I will press on. Thanks for running the GB, it has re-ignited my desire to build airplanes, and especially Phantoms.

I think this should be a perpetual group build. You can never have enough Phantoms... So many operational paint schemes, one off special paint jobs, and operational variants. Not to mention, a lot of different kits available. and the Decals. I got the latest Caracals and Furball sheets, and I want to build all the options!

As the final coat of Future dries on my Phantom I regret that I am, quite literally, a day late and a dollar short. :crying2:/>

This was my first GB experience, and I must say that it set the standard for many more to come! The encouragement and support from the rest of the group was a great reminder as to why I got back into the hobby.

Thank you for allowing me to participate, and next time I will not let real life interfere so much with my model building :whistle:/>

Interestingly i went to the completed GB section and in the past the F-4 GB and well we beat them in completed entries!!

The F-4 Phantom 50th Anniversary Group Build

on a key note phantom only managed 5 last time whistle.gif/>

True, and one of those was almost my last ever 1/72 phantom. Those were built before my eyes started to go south on me. I notice the difference.

• 4 weeks later...

PAA participants,

Here's the final raffle results reposted, if you are still waiting for your Gift Certificate, please PM me your name and email address. If you have won one of the fantastic end of raffle prizes, please PM me your full mailing address, the ones I had were lost during the big crash.

Final Monthly Raffle results ($25 Spruebrothers Gift Certificate) - Mike C, Kurnass77, Litvyak, Els

Final Top Five Contributer results ($25 Spruebrothers Gift Certificate) - Litvyak

Raffle for completed builds entrants.

Tamiya 1/32 F-4C/D Phantom II - Phantom

Academy 1/48 F-4B Phantom II - mingwin

Eduard 1/48 F-4E Phantom II Exhaust Photo Etch for the Hasegawa Kit - Neo

6" Phantom resin figure holding belly gun on base - Procopius

Jason from F-4dable Models F-4S decals - mingwin X2, Kurnass77, Phantom

Diego from Hi-Decal has donated 5 decal sheets - mingwin X2, Neo, Phantom, Procopius

2 8x11 Photographs autographed at Phancon by Vietnam Phantom Aces (actual sharpy signatures) - Phantom, mingwin

1 8x11 RBCF-4XYZ Multipurpose MacnaPhantom poster by Dick Stultz - masterqq

1 U.S. Flag flown on B-1B mission over Afghanistan (dedicated to Phantom Addicts Annonymous Group Build, certificate signed by aircrew) - Phantom

1 Model Alliance Decals World Air Power Update 4 1/48 sheet (2 Phantom markings) - Procopius

1 Wingman Decals F-4F 37+01 "Phantom Pharewell" Wittmund 29, Jun 2013 - Limited Edition (WMD 72001) sheet. - mingwin

1 Furball Decals sheet of your choice donated by Pete - masterqq

V/r

Ron