KH 80106 Jaguar GR1 / GR3

• 3 weeks later...

Waiting now the Italeri announced Jaguar kit (ref.2714) for a compared review before taking a purchase decision. Yoda.gif

image1wyr.jpg

And I hope after the already announced JAS-39 Gripen, KittyHawk will release 1/48th MiG-25RB "Foxbat" and F-101A/C Voodoo kits.

V.P.

but then someoe would have to actually buy an Italieri kit lol if the KH kit is anything like the last jag they made Italieri will never come close

but then someoe would have to actually buy an Italieri kit lol if the KH kit is anything like the last jag they made Italieri will never come close

Are you implying that KH Jaguar kit was great and that there is no way Italeri will beat it?

• 1 month later...

Are you implying that KH Jaguar kit was great and that there is no way Italeri will beat it?

THe KH kit is the best Jag kit to date..... and Italieri has such a bad track record.... I cant see them coming close either.... Kitty Hawk isnt perfect... But i really like the way they engineer their kits.... I think they are moving in the right direction...THere are some things I would def change... their styrene formulation isnt the best.. but I think they really have some well put together kits

Unfortunately, the KH RAF Jag is too much like the last kit in that it's filled with a large number of inappropriate (I.e. French) weapons. Also not too keen on the flat PE side consoles and open nose panels. Plus, some of Italeri's recent aircraft kits like the Hurricane, Stuka, and C-27 have been pretty nice.

Unfortunately, the KH RAF Jag is too much like the last kit in that it's filled with a large number of inappropriate (I.e. French) weapons. Also not too keen on the flat PE side consoles and open nose panels. Plus, some of Italeri's recent aircraft kits like the Hurricane, Stuka, and C-27 have been pretty nice.

I'm also wondering if it's the wrong mark of seat in the kit as wll if they've based the original on the French version Dave.