Does anyone think the "Bunny Club" is remotely cute?

Given the genesis of the Eduard bunny, I find it not only offensive, but inappropriate. Eduard seem to take great delight in dissing their customer base for calling them out on a really pig-headed and dumb move on the MiG-21 kit.

Given the genesis of the Eduard bunny, I find it not only offensive, but inappropriate. Eduard seem to take great delight in dissing their customer base for calling them out on a really pig-headed and dumb move on the MiG-21 kit.

?? Link, maybe? Don't know what the Eduard bunny is.

Don

yeah, could you tell me more about the Eduard's Bunny genesis?

oh, and BTW i know what kit your talking about, the scheme hideous!

it makes Hasegawa Idol master series being considered like valuable Art form!

Edited by mingwin

Here I was bracing myself for a rant, expecting something misogynistic (wouldn't surprise me from Eduard, tbh), but now I'm just completely confused. What is this nonsense?

Bunny fighter club is a discount program Eduard started recently, and the MiG was part of the rollout package. The bunny fighter character is from a cartoon in their magazine. It's silly, but offensive?

Edited by Apu

It's a questionable and gimmicky marketing move that I think will be short lived, but beyond that I think nothing of it.

Regardless of their origin; if I was force to have a model with Eduard's comical bunnies on it or one of those Anime plastered Idol Master kits that Hasegawa is putting out, I'd take the bunnies.

From the standpoint of someone who went to art school, I find Anime and its various sub genres to be utterly insulting in their formulaic and cliched style and galled that anyone can build a fortune on them.

I think you will have to explain a bit better what it is that is so offensive about the bunnies? I don't get it, and I think I have read every Eduard Info magazine that came out.

As for the MiG-21MF kit that got you entry into the club, if that is the MiG-21 you were referring to: It came with decals for the bunny-scheme, but also two alternate schemes, so you can certainly build it as a "normal" MiG-21MF. Lots of aftermarket MiG-21MF decals also available if you want something different. The box comes with a lot of Brassin add-ons, including cockpit, wheels and weapons, so is in itself a pretty good deal, ignoring the club part.

It's silly, but offensive?

Ditto.

It would appear that some people just go through life looking for things to be offended about......

It's just a harmless little bunny rabbit.

Well, that's no ordinary rabbit. That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on.

Luckily, I have the Holy Handgrenade of Antioch at the ready.

Cheers,

Andre

Edited by Andre

Relax, Jennings. It's only a bunny cartoon.

Judging by the very small sizes of tshirts that come with the kit (xxxs, xxxs, xs...), the kit is probably targeted for kids. I personally don't find it offensive or inappropriate.

Terry

Whoah, why is that?

Just based on the "Bunny Club" name and Eduard's history of using women as eye-candy to sell product.

Not that I have *any* issue at all with female eye-candy (I like looking at attractive women as much as anyone else might), but I do have an issue with using women's bodies as a marketing tool. And that is what I was expecting when I saw the original post.

Just based on the "Bunny Club" name and Eduard's history of using women as eye-candy to sell product.

Not that I have *any* issue at all with female eye-candy (I like looking at attractive women as much as anyone else might), but I do have an issue with using women's bodies as a marketing tool. And that is what I was expecting when I saw the original post.

Case in point (not complaining): Eduard-BFC-700-members_02-570x391.jpg

At first it seemed very confusing, and well it still seems very confusing, but no, i did not get any initial negative vibes.

Having said that, it did not appeal to me. Let`s just say i didn`t take the bait.

Edited by breadneck

Honestly there are way more important things to worry about then some silly cartoon bunny. I just don't see why people have to have such a huge chip on their shoulder and get offended by everything.

Case in point (not complaining): Eduard-BFC-700-members_02-570x391.jpg

OH MY GOD!!!!!

Women and their bodies being used by an Eastern European sweatshop and forced to pose with model airplane boxes as a marketing tool!

The travesty!

How revolting!

Now I am completely offended.

Fairly attractive and pleasant-looking young women in casual work clothes, so I'm not willing to roll out the sexploitation accusations just yet. T-shirt, jeans, shoes is pretty much what I wear when at home or the spring/fall at work if the weather's warm and the sun isn't going to get me. When has Eduard used women as a marketing tool?

If Jennings would offer a rationale for his offense and its relation to the Eduard Bunny and the MiG-21 kit issues (I'm not a 1/48 guy, so all I know is that "something was wrong" with the process) and how it "disses" the customer base it would provide the forum with greater insight.