Does anyone think the "Bunny Club" is remotely cute?

When has Eduard used women as a marketing tool?

They did for a while use partial images of girls on yellow bikinis to advertise their vinyl masking products, but I haven't seen one of those ads in quite sometime.

Looking at some of the Czech modeling magazines where Eduard advertises to the "home crowd" and could get away with a lot more than they might when advertising in magazines from abroad, their advertising is quite devoid of sexist content.

If you want to get uptight about a model company objectifying women, then get on Hasegawa's case. The aforementioned Idol Masters series and the girls on the current egg planes boxing that are in useless cheerleader type poses do nothing but objectify women.

Then of course are the myriad figure manufacturers who for the most part won't give us realistically proportioned and practical female figures for love nor money.

Of course, that does all run on the presumption that the objectification of women was the crux of Jennings' taking offence. Until he tells us otherwise, we can only guess.

Edited by Kevan Vogler

Fairly attractive and pleasant-looking young women in casual work clothes, so I'm not willing to roll out the sexploitation accusations just yet. T-shirt, jeans, shoes is pretty much what I wear when at home or the spring/fall at work if the weather's warm and the sun isn't going to get me.

Yeah, with that image I have no particular issue. I wouldn't be too surprised, either, if they work in the warehouse there, and if they don't, it's still a plausible shop photo.

When has Eduard used women as a marketing tool?

Within the past year, if I remember right, but definitely in the past 2 years... I can't remember what they were promoting, but they had some promotion which featured a woman in an orange bikini, naturally, the bikini-clad woman really didn't have anything at all to do with what was being sold. THAT is what I have an issue with.

Edited by Litvyak

Yeah! Let's boycott every single company that has ever dared to exploit attractive people by using them in their ads!

Oh wait. That'd be all of them.

Cheers,

Andre

Edited by Andre

If you want to get uptight about a model company objectifying women, then get on Hasegawa's case. The aforementioned Idol Masters series and the girls on the current egg planes boxing that are in useless cheerleader type poses do nothing but objectify women.

Then of course are the myriad figure manufacturers who for the most part won't give us realistically proportioned and practical female figures for love nor money.

Oh, don't worry, I'm not a big fan of the Hasegawa things either (whilst admitting that I do, occasionally, enjoy anime...). But that said, Japan as a whole is an entirely different situation from the western world... there's so much there one can find shockingly offensive, I just don't have the energy or the time for it, it would be a full-time job.

As for the figures, yeah, I agree with you completely, and I really do wish there would be more realistic and useful female figures out there. (Though when I switch the 'feminist' knob off (I am capable of doing that!), well, eye-candy...)

Yeah! Let's boycott every single company that has ever dared to exploit attractive people by using them in their ads!

Oh wait. That'd be all of them.

Actually, you're quite wrong there, and in different ways. Not every company does it - in fact, many don't (and for my part I'd argue it's slowly getting better). And in some cases (ignoring for now the problems of the unrealistic/unhealthy ideals of 'beauty' that they often reinforce), using people in ads *makes sense* - like if selling clothing, beauty products, etc. If you're trying to sell me some clothes, yeah, I expect you're going to show them to me being worn by people - that's not objectification in the objectionable sense. But if you're trying to sell me a car or a model airplane, a woman in a string bikini, absolutely irrelevant to the product being sold, definitely is.

Case in point (not complaining): Eduard-BFC-700-members_02-570x391.jpg

Yes; three beautiful smiling women holding down jobs, and proud enough of what they do to pose with the products they are involved in producing, in a country that just saw its unemployment rate jump to its highest levels since the Great Depression.

Plenty of scope for taking offense in that.... :sarcasm_on:

Yeah, with that image I have no particular issue. I wouldn't be too surprised, either, if they work in the warehouse there, and if they don't, it's still a plausible shop photo.

Within the past year, if I remember right, but definitely in the past 2 years... I can't remember what they were promoting, but they had some promotion which featured a woman in an orange bikini, naturally, the bikini-clad woman really didn't have anything at all to do with what was being sold. THAT is what I have an issue with.

No reason to believe the ladies in that picture don't work for Eduard in one capacity or another. In fact, I think I've seen the blonde working the Eduard stand at a show or two and she wasn't doing any eye candy type work, it was genuine customer service.

As for the orange bikini ads; that sounds very much in line with how they were advertising their vinyl masks for a while, the bikini being used to demonstrate tight and exact fit and coloured similarly to the masking material.

No reason to believe the ladies in that picture don't work for Eduard in one capacity or another. In fact, I think I've seen the blonde working the Eduard stand at a show or two and she wasn't doing any eye candy type work, it was genuine customer service.

As for the orange bikini ads; that sounds very much in line with how they were advertising their vinyl masks for a while, the bikini being used to demonstrate tight and exact fit and coloured similarly to the masking material.

Yeah, like I said, I have no problem with the former, it's the latter I have issue with (even while I will acknowledge the creativity behind the idea that paint masks and bikinis both covering certain parts).

Well, that's no ordinary rabbit. That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on.

That rabbit has a mean strreak a mile wide!

Luckily, I have the Holy Handgrenade of Antioch at the ready.

He's got a mean streak a mile wide...and the teeth...er...!

Nice one Jennings, look what you done -just pray to your God that we are spared recitations of 'Knights Who Say "Ni"!' or 'French Taunting'....

I JUST HOPE YOU'RE PLEASED WITH YOUR WORK!!!

(Actually, I do have three questions for you...) :whistle:

Nice one Jennings, look what you done -just pray to your God that we are spared recitations of 'Knights Who Say "Ni"!' or 'French Taunting'....

I JUST HOPE YOU'RE PLEASED WITH YOUR WORK!!!

(Actually, I do have three questions for you...) :whistle:/>/>

Do you mean like this

Or this...

Edited by nerdling

20 years in the design/ad/marketing biz and I've seen a lot of "offensive" ads. But I'm scratching my head as to what is so "offensive" "inappropriate" and "dissing their customer base" about this?

"Eduard seem to take great delight in dissing their customer base for calling them out on a really pig-headed and dumb move on the MiG-21 kit." Huh??? What was the calling out Eduard for in the first place? Buy a Fishbed kit, get membership that includes 15% discounts?

Scratching my cranium here; need more data please.

Edited by Trigger

I have no issues with it, quite frankly bring on the hot broads, God knows this hobby could use it judging by some of the mugs I've seen.... LMFAO.

The only thing that I do not like is that in order to benefit from a reduced sale price of other items, you have to be a member, BUT in order to be a member, you have to buy a 1/48 MIG 21 kit and that SUCKS. Why should anyone have to buy a kit that they have no interest in, in order to benefit? Talk about discriminating...

Show more hot chicks (less clothing the better), do away with the 1/48 thing and then you have a winner!