Does anyone think the "Bunny Club" is remotely cute?

I'm guessing the Eduard bunny must have somehow been used to poke fun at either the people who complained about problems with the Eduard MiG-21bis nose, or to poke fun at the errors themselves, and that Jennings objects to this. (I base this theory on extensive googling, because it's a Saturday morning, and I have a lot of spare time.) I don't think he perceives any sexism etc. etc. inherent in the bunny.

Actually the bunny goes back to the 1/32nd Bf 109E-1 release and the mishapened canopy Eduard first offered plus other issues with the kit. Eduard claimed the people who pointed thes issues couldn't possibly know more than them....ignoring the fact some of these said people were reknowned experts on the subject.

They bunny was their attempt at belittling those people, then Eduard had to eat crow when the experten were proven right. Every since Eduard has been very defensive on any errors on any release.

Stick around, you the us 109its were rough.....they screw up the new 1/48th Spitfire Mk IX the boffins will be serving fried rabbit :woot.gif:

I knew it was Jennings. the boy ain't happy unless he's whinging about something.

+1

I mean seriously....are you freaking kidding me? A little bunny offends you? Get a grip on reality.

Maybe we should have a GB in honor of things that offend Jennings. ;)/>

So....that would be pretty much open to anything?

Edited by PNW_Modeler

Since any corporate logo is designed to get the company noticed, and (hopefully for them) talked about, I'd say that, after 4 pages and 78 comments, Eduard have achieved their purpose, and must be highly delighted.

Given the genesis of the Eduard bunny, I find it not only offensive, but inappropriate. Eduard seem to take great delight in dissing their customer base for calling them out on a really pig-headed and dumb move on the MiG-21 kit.

Love it. The more they wind up the terminally thin skinned, the better I like it. Take a teaspoon of cement mate.

Shane

The first Eduard bunny sketches appeared even before their 1/32 109 kits....

Thomas

I'm not sure, the very first Info Eduard (May 2010) had a bunny referring to the 109 canopy, and then in the editorial for July 2010 we have the following;

'The premiere of the new newsletter format is behind us, and the response has been surprisingly pleasant, if not downright excellent, which, naturally, pleases us, and we take it as a sign. We wouldn’t be modelers, if someone, somewhere, didn’t get emotionally upset at our rabbits. I must emphatically warn those that suffer from an acute lack of a sense of humor will not be happy, and can sincerely recommend that they avoid the Eduard newsletter. For the rest of you, I guarantee some laughs and giggles.

I should probably reveal a secret surrounding the rabbit theme, so that there will no assumptions as to when we are making fun of ourselves, and when we are poking fun at our critics. So, when you see the ‘e’ on the bunny, then its directed at us, and are in some way or another, commenting on our historical articles. Then there is the pair under the labels of J & T, and they wear their respective designator. These are a parody of our critics. What’s good for the goose... Be forewarned, the ganders among you, that if you can dish it out, but not take it, is not our problem. J & T are here for as long as we feel like! We succumbed to some pretty pathetic pressure when we were new at this, with our mask adverts, and still regret it'.

Does this all mean that the Eduard 'J' Bunny is actually referring to Jennings?!?!?!

Vince

...was Jennings trying to kill the bunny?

nailed_it-s240x320-227191.jpg

Jennings was quoted as saying "...rrrrabbits, there are no such thing. Some people call me an extrrrrrminatorrrrrrr, I consider myself to be a teachrrrrrr."

Edited by Tony Stark

Where is Mr Jennings :scared0016:/>

Must be thinking ... :wmsmiley-poop-hits-the-fan:/>

He dropped the grenade and left. Personally, I think it's all an experiment in human behavior where someone makes a cryptic statement on the net and then sits back and watches how the net rats respond like they have any idea what it's all about. J is probably writing a paper on it right now for school.

He dropped the grenade and left. Personally, I think it's all an experiment in human behavior where someone makes a cryptic statement on the net and then sits back and watches how the net rats respond like they have any idea what it's all about. J is probably writing a paper on it right now for school.

I suspect you may be quite correct in that assertion. He'd have been back before now if being an actual participant in the ensuing debate was actually worth anything to him.