Does anyone think the "Bunny Club" is remotely cute?

Actually the bunny goes back to the 1/32nd Bf 109E-1 release and the mishapened canopy Eduard first offered plus other issues with the kit. Eduard claimed the people who pointed thes issues couldn't possibly know more than them....ignoring the fact some of these said people were reknowned experts on the subject.

They bunny was their attempt at belittling those people, then Eduard had to eat crow when the experten were proven right. Every since Eduard has been very defensive on any errors on any release.

Recalling the origin of the bunny and considering that it was actually meant as an insult to a big part of their own customer base, I don't appreciate that they have not only kept it but elevated it as their mascot.

And no I don't find it even remotely cute but rather annoying.

Found this while researching old bunny fighter cartoons; helps explain post #1:

"I still have less of an actual problem with the fact that Eduard are cheaping out and not doing a proper bis fuselage than I do about the manner in which they handled the situation surrounding it. They have very much a "holier than thou" attitude, which we've seen demonstrated several times before (remember the rabbits?). Apparently they think so much of themselves and their products that they can afford to show public disdain for their customers and their customers' feelings about their products.

I hate to break it to you Eduard, but that's a good way to get people really disinterested in your products. There are any number of much better ways this (and previous) situation could have been handled."

Jennings

Original post

Nothing more intelligent can be said on this matter I think :deadhorse1:/>/>

True, but there's plenty of dumb things still to come. Like this picture of the Eduard bunny chasing Jennings in his submarine;

USS+Jimmy+Carter+vs+Rabbit+%231.jpg

Vince

Ingredients:

3 pounds rabbit meat, cleaned and cut

into pieces

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/3 cup all-purpose flour

1/2 pound bacon, diced

1/2 cup finely chopped shallots

1 clove garlic, finely chopped

1 cup dry red wine

1 cup water

1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules

1 tablespoon currant jelly

10 black peppercorns, crushed

1 bay leaf

1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed

2 teaspoons lemon juice

3 tablespoons water

2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

1/8 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed

Directions:

1. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain on paper towels and set aside. Sprinkle rabbit with salt and coat with 1/3 cup flour, shaking off excess. Brown rabbit in remaining bacon fat. Remove from skillet, along with all but 2 tablespoons of the fat, and reserve.
  2. Saute shallots and garlic in skillet for about 4 minutes, until tender. Stir in wine, 1 cup water and bouillon. Heat to boiling, then stir in jelly, peppercorns, bay leaf, and rosemary. Return rabbit and bacon to skillet. Heat to boiling, then reduce heat to low. Cover and let simmer about 1 1/2 hours or until rabbit is tender.
  3. Remove bay leaf and discard. Place rabbit on a warm platter and keep warm while preparing gravy.
  4. To Make Gravy: Stir lemon juice into skillet with cooking liquid. Combine 3 tablespoons water with 2 tablespoons flour and mix together; stir mixture into skillet over low heat. Finally, stir in thyme. Pour gravy over stew and serve, or pour into a gravy boat and serve on the side.

Edited by JasonW

A lot of the speculation in this thread could have been avoided if the original post had provided some history instead of simply asking who's offended. Apparently only a handful of people know or remember (or care about) the history of the Bunny.

So, who's actually offended enough about this that they've stopped buying Eduard stuff? Anyone?

Ingredients:

3 pounds rabbit meat, cleaned and cut

into pieces

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/3 cup all-purpose flour

1/2 pound bacon, diced

1/2 cup finely chopped shallots

1 clove garlic, finely chopped

1 cup dry red wine

1 cup water

1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules

1 tablespoon currant jelly

10 black peppercorns, crushed

1 bay leaf

1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed

2 teaspoons lemon juice

3 tablespoons water

2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

1/8 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed

Directions:

1. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain on paper towels and set aside. Sprinkle rabbit with salt and coat with 1/3 cup flour, shaking off excess. Brown rabbit in remaining bacon fat. Remove from skillet, along with all but 2 tablespoons of the fat, and reserve.
  2. Saute shallots and garlic in skillet for about 4 minutes, until tender. Stir in wine, 1 cup water and bouillon. Heat to boiling, then stir in jelly, peppercorns, bay leaf, and rosemary. Return rabbit and bacon to skillet. Heat to boiling, then reduce heat to low. Cover and let simmer about 1 1/2 hours or until rabbit is tender.
  3. Remove bay leaf and discard. Place rabbit on a warm platter and keep warm while preparing gravy.
  4. To Make Gravy: Stir lemon juice into skillet with cooking liquid. Combine 3 tablespoons water with 2 tablespoons flour and mix together; stir mixture into skillet over low heat. Finally, stir in thyme. Pour gravy over stew and serve, or pour into a gravy boat and serve on the side.

Hasenpfeffer!!!!!!!

Edited by Flyingfortress

So, who's actually offended enough about this that they've stopped buying Eduard stuff? Anyone?

As long as they still have a proper MiG-15 in 1/72 in the works I shan't be writing them off.

They'd have to do far worse than the bunnies, like lowering themselves down to the level of pirating other folks' stuff, before I'd write them off.

Some folks over at Z-5 evidently got their feelings hurt by the bunny's as well; ***? :wave:

"5 pages of rank stupidity and Monty Python...typical to forget that it was Eduard that bashed that site and it's members and spend 5 pages bashing Jennings...the only guy there with a functioning memory apparently.

Pffftttt...." :touche:

I told myself I was gonna quit posting in this tailspin of a thread but it's too much fun!

I told myself I was gonna quit posting in this tailspin of a thread but it's too much fun!

Yes, I don't think I've seen a case of taking the p*ss out of someone stay this civilized for this long in quite sometime. :lol:

True, but there's plenty of dumb things still to come. Like this picture of the Eduard bunny chasing Jennings in his submarine;

USS+Jimmy+Carter+vs+Rabbit+%231.jpg

Vince

So is that Bunny Sub commanded by a Scottish Russian guy?

Edited by nerdling

Some folks over at Z-5 evidently got their feelings hurt by the bunny's as well; ***? :wave:/>

"5 pages of rank stupidity and Monty Python...typical to forget that it was Eduard that bashed that site and it's members and spend 5 pages bashing Jennings...the only guy there with a functioning memory apparently.

Pffftttt...." :touche:/>

link or it didn't happen :whistle:

link or it didn't happen :whistle:/>/>/>

For some reason the URL won't show up as I type it...I call shenanigans on the link linker!

Just surf on over and peruse the general discussions.

Edited by Apu

Some folks over at Z-5 evidently got their feelings hurt by the bunny's as well; ***? :wave:/>

Pffftttt...." :touche:/>

My personal opinion is that there are bigger things in life to get worked up over, some cartoon rabbit created by a model manufacturer is not one of them. But whether on Z-5, here or any other forum people are free to get worked up over whatever they choose, and others are free to laugh at them for getting worked up over something so ridiculous if they so choose.

link or it didn't happen :whistle:/>/>

Apparently ARC is programmed to block any links to Zone Five. It will not link correctly no matter how you do it.

Edited by JasonW

So Eduard makes a mascot out of a character it used to belittle its critics?

I don't know if that is offensive so much as its absolutely in poor taste.

By itself though, it sure as hell isn't going to stop me from buying their kits.

As an aside, I did find this thread rather amusing. I wonder if some of you who roll your eyes at others taking offense to what you see as trivial things, would be as thick skinned if the object of offense was something more sacred to you. Hmm? ;)/>

Edited by RKic
  • 3 weeks later...