Good day all mates;

after long time from the last update I'm here with some progress.

p13000041024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

p13000031024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

p13000091024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

As evident,I've pratically painted all the bird and on some spot added a first,very subtle weathering;in reality this is a combination of preshadow and camo color with few drop of black.The real weathering have to wait until all decals are in place.

Some detail pics.

p13000051024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

I've painted the Squadron distinctive stripe 'cause the decal sheet provides only those for the fin and instead to find the color to match the decal's one I find more simple paint'em all.

p13000131024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

Finally one of the area that gave me the most satisfaction so far.

p13000121024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

I've painted all the model small parts like the aux air and gear bay doors,ecc but I think is needless show it now.

That's all for now,next step is the gloss in preparation of the decals but before this I've to work on some details like paint in gray the leading edge of the inner pylons,paint some stuff inside the gear wells,etc...

As always thanks for watching and any critique or advice are the welcome.

Cheers,

Gianni.

Hi guys,

I've start to put the service and warning stencil decals.

p13100041024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

p13100051024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

p13100061024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

The decals looks too "black",I think that a thinned layer of camo color can tone down the effect.

That's all for now for two reason:

first,tomorrow I leave for Toledo for five days and second I'm unsure of the slat's leading edge color,for the last question I posted my doubt on the Research Corner of this GB.

Stay tuned and thanks for looking!

Gianni :cheers:/>

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all friends,Denis thanks for your words.

In the last time I was busy with various works that did not leave me much time to work on my build but I managed to finish to put the decals!

I'm not completely satisfied for various reasons:the decals come from various source,so the unit markings are the CAM sheets,but the unit shield on the fin and the nose modex look slight oversized if you look at the real plane and the only things that I could do was replace the modex,for the tail art I was forced to accept the one in my possesion;the Corps and National markings come from an AeroMaster sheets;warning and services stencils are a combination of the spare box and another Hase kit,but the latter are too thick...

But stop words,here the pics ( sorry for the bad quality guys).

p21700011024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

p21700021024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

p21700081024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

p21700061024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

p21700101024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

Next step ,start the weathering!

As always thenks for watching!

Gianni :cheers:/>

• 3 weeks later...

After a long silence is time of new pics!

I've proceded with the model at very slow pace,weathering the plane with the salt tecnique after the decals job.

bti8.jpg[/url][/img]

budl.jpg[/url][/img]

w5k.jpg[/url][/img]

wj8f.jpg[/url][/img]

ub86.jpg[/url][/img]

a4b6.jpg[/url][/img]

The belly.

s9f1.jpg[/url][/img]

The fuel tanks and the gunpod weathered:I know that can look exagerated but I assure you guys that this parts in almost all the pics I've of Vietnam' Marines f-4 these parts was VERY dirty!

3dts.jpg[/url][/img]

To be honest,the pics are two days old,I've already started the panel wash,here like look the inner pylons.

cujv.jpg[/url][/img]

How do you think?

I hope to proceed more fast now,stay tuned!

Gianni :cheers:

Hi all guys,

Yesterday I was able to spray the matt coat on the model and this is like look now!

wgwi.jpg[/url][/img]

qpf9.jpg[/url][/img]

2wj2.jpg[/url][/img]

c3sc.jpg[/url][/img]

For weathering the belly ( still unfinished ) I've used for the first time the AK Fuel Stains.The pics.

hxp3.jpg[/url][/img]

86r2.jpg[/url][/img]

As mentioned,I need to finish the weathering and made some paint touch-ups.Now I start add the canopy PE parts.After this,I can start with the final assebly!

:cheers:/> Gianni

Liking this a lot, Gianni!

I must confess I have not looked at too many photos of the Phantom underside but I wonder, perhaps the engine area (panels behind the main landing gear) could perhaps be even a bit more weathered with a few more oil and dirt streaks?

Just a suggestion, and like I said I am going from memory here without any photos to back me up. :)/>

Top notch work so far! :thumbsup:/>

• 2 weeks later...

Good day all my friends;

Anders thanks for the suggestion,as you can see in the following pics the model received some weathering attentions and...FINALLY IS DONE!

mnai.jpg[/url][/img]

4vi0.jpg[/url][/img]

qt92.jpg[/url][/img]

To be honest,I'm very happy for the scratched IFR probe and the metal areas.

fjoi.jpg[/url][/img]

frrk.jpg[/url][/img]

That's all,more pics in the finished build gallery.

Now I can finish the kurnass,but I've some doubt to respect the GB finishing line...

Gianni

• 1 month later...

Gianni,

I'm just catching up on your fabulous build. As the others have said, WOW"!

Of course I've saved this thread since it's the best 1/72 Phantom build I've ever seen.

Gene K

P.S. You are an artist, and I appreciate the heavy weathering ... but do you think the radome weathering could/should be toned down a little?

Gianni,

I'm just catching up on your fabulous build. As the others have said, WOW"!

Of course I've saved this thread since it's the best 1/72 Phantom build I've ever seen.

Gene K

P.S. You are an artist, and I appreciate the heavy weathering ... but do you think the radome weathering could/should be toned down a little?

You're too kind Gene,I've only tried to realize my model at best I can,but I need to improve my skills!

:cheers: Gianni