119th FIG F-4D North Dakota Centanial

Based on the flash and flashless photos my brain is trying to balance the colours out, and I get the impression it looks pretty good in the actual plastic!

Read through this thread with interest as I've got the 1/72 Accurate Miniatures F-4C/D now, which I do believe is a reissue of this Monogram kit, so good to know what sort of challenges I'll be facing!

It's just a smaller copy of it's 1/48 brother. Other than some lower wing section warping I have seen in some 72nd versions it would be the intakes that would give you the greatest challenge in this kit. Otherwise it is straight forward.

I'll have to get a picture when the sun comes out.dry.gif

• 3 weeks later...

When i had first seen the decals and placement guide I really didn't think much of this scheme. Fast forward to when I found a few shots of the actual aircraft and I was sold on it.I really have to finish this by the end of the week if I'm going to complete anything for the build. Going on vacation early Saturday morning and will not be back home till the 4th of September.

Looks like I finally completed this one. I still have to build a base but have to experiment with the acrylic rod some more.

P8210003_zpsd9528174.jpg

P8210004_zps8ab18112.jpg

P8210002_zps43a6fbfe.jpg

P8210005_zps8ce625f5.jpg

P8210004_zps8ab18112.jpg

As I look at the photos I'll probably find where I can improve it. for now this is it i think since I'm going on vacation Friday.

• 2 weeks later...