Hi,

I'm exited to start this build here. From the moment I saw the first pic of a sharkteeth Seytanlar Terminator I was hooked and wanted to build one!

Here's a sneakpeak of what I'm about to make;

4j74eb.jpg

And here I get started;

IMG_2513.jpg

It's a standard 1/72 Hasegawa F-4E, which will get some Paragon LES. Eduard PE will be used and the other standard extras. The weaponsbox is only for a ACMI-pod, the rest of the "armament" will be some (two or tree) bags and a ELTA ECM pod.

The pit:

IMG_2529.jpg

IMG_2533.jpg

This (besides the intakes) is the only real downside of a Hasegawa Phantom; poor detailed pit, and some card needs to be used.

IMG_2536.jpg

A little bit more PE, and the first paint can go on!

Cheers,

Daniël

A good start, but an F-4ETM is not a Terminator; and is not wired to carry the Elta El-8222 pod or the other advanced weaponry associated with the Terminator (such as the Popeye. The photo you have posted shows an F-4ETM, which wore these sharkmouths earlier when 112 Filo was active. 112.Filo never flew the Terminator; and is now disbanded until the introduction of the F-35A.

F-4E/2020 Terminator: Israeli-modernized F-4E with new radar (Elta EL/M 2032), new bus to accommodate advanced weapons (Popeye, indigenous SOM missile system)

F-4ETM: Indigenous (Turkish) life extension for the F-4E, with minimal avionics upgrades such as MFDs and new navigation system. Basically the same F-4E from 1969, with a few new gauges, new radio, new navigational system and same old weapons.

All F-4ETM's have now been phased out and they are in the process of being scrapped/cannibalized for spares.

The same sharkmouth is now being applied to some of 111 Filo's F-4E/2020 Terminators, so you may still be able to build a Terminator and have the same sharkmouth style.

Edited by KursadA

Thanks for clarifying that,

Yeah, I'm aware of 111th and 132nd being the only F-4's not to be in the air defence role. Tough that since the first jets came back from Israel all modeified F-4E's were to use the name Terminator.

Since I've seen quit some 171nd jets with the El-8222, I thought it was common on air defence?

Anyways, I'm not going for a 111Filo jet, that'll be for the future (got some Popeye's waiting for that ;-)).

Thanks again,

Daniël

Tough that since the first jets came back from Israel all modeified F-4E's were to use the name Terminator.

Since I've seen quit some 171nd jets with the El-8222, I thought it was common on air defence?

Sorry, it is simply not true that "all modified F-4Es use the name Terminator". What you show in that picture is an F-4ETM, period. The F-4ETM update was done years after the Israeli modernization program ended. It is basically a slightly modernized F-4E that can not carry the Elta 8222 pod you intend to add. You could certainly have seen 171 Filo aircraft with the Elta 8222 pod, because 171. Filo was an F-4E/2020 Terminator squadron. 112 was not.

You are certainly free to call your jet whatever you want, but Terminator is a semi-official name for the F-4E/2020 only.

Edited by KursadA

I just posted some pics in the research forum that you might find useful :rolleyes:/>

Thanks Mark, those are some good reference pics! Yeah I heard about that exercise at KB, seemed these Turks only had a "static" participation during that one.

Daniël

Thanks Mark, those are some good reference pics! Yeah I heard about that exercise at KB, seemed these Turks only had a "static" participation during that one.

Daniël

Yup only static participation, here some pics of the exercise: Aircraft decontamination and pilot extraction

Foto0611.jpg

Foto0615.jpg

Foto0617.jpg

Foto0622.jpg

Foto0628.jpg

Foto0629.jpg

Mark,

These are some nice and unique shots Mark, many thanks for sharing!!

Here's what I managed to get done this week;

I started to make some O2-hooses, they once painted will find their way into this tiny cockpit;

IMG_2540.jpg

Here's the pit, painted and drybrushed. It looks a bit sober, but I think that once the pit is done it'll look ok.

IMG_2543.jpg

IMG_2547.jpg

Ready to dry fit;

IMG_2549.jpg

That's all,

Daniël

• 2 weeks later...

Slow progress here but, I managed to get something done;

The O2 hooses;

IMG_2557.jpg

Installed it looks like this;

IMG_2559.jpg

IMG_2564.jpg

I tried to modify the small pannel on the right, but no succes... It's the second time the old Verlinden PE set does not bring the desired result.. So, it's in to the garbage...

Result a lot of putty being used...

IMG_2573.jpg

Phinally the office is glued up;

IMG_2575.jpg

Thanks for watching!

Thanks!

Work started on the bigger pieces of plastic;

IMG_2576.jpg

To add some detail. I cut out the LES, flaps and speedbrakes. The latter will be replaced by the Eduard PE set. The LES will be from Paragon and will take some effort to be fit in to the right spot.

IMG_2578.jpg

IMG_2579.jpg

The LES:

IMG_2582.jpg

Not the nicest cut, but I guess some filler and sanding will do the job... Too, it always seems something has to break off, every time I cut out the flaps I break something...

IMG_2587.jpg

IMG_2589.jpg

Let the filling and sanding begin :)/>

Actually made quit some progress on this one, but wont be able to cover it all right now..

The splitterplates on the Hasegawa Phantoms always bothered me, therefore I filled them with putty. Once dried and after some sanding I'll use a rivet tool to add the desired detail.

IMG_2604.jpg

Talking about filling and sanding;

IMG_2608.jpg

This is after a couple of hours of work. By eye it almost allways looks right, but once primered you can still see that the resin is not fitting too nice... So, more filling, more sanding....

IMG_2668.JPG

The above is not the clearst pic, but the canopies are badly scratched. I'll be polishing these, but since the plastic is quit thick, I'm affraid it will never look as bright as wanted..

So far for now..

I've been trying to make some resin burnercans and flaps, but unfortunately it didn't work out... It seems my 2-component resin went bad after a year in storage. I've mixed the resin, but once in the molds, it stayed fluid... Not much I can do I guess, other then try to clean the molds and buy new resin..

So, meanwhile I tried to make some progress and started painting a bit.

First I did was spray some gloss black on the whole aft part of the jet. This will give a nicer result when using Alclad afterwards;

IMG_2670.jpg

IMG_2671.jpg

Appologies for the crappy pics, I'm using a pocket cam with ambient light.. In here that doesn't give very nice results..

While painting the stabilos I figured I forgot some thing....

IMG_2675.jpg

So, it was cutting, filling, and sanding again;

IMG_2679.jpg

IMG_2683.jpg

The dark/burnt metal part is sprayed with Humbroll Metal Cote (27003), but hasn't been polished yet. There fore it looks somewhat flat and unnatural, but this will change once all in painted and polished.

Here some shades of Alclad are sprayed and some rivetting is done. It's still not the end result!

IMG_2684.jpg

Some more painting needed;

IMG_2686.jpg

Tanks for watching!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the nice comments gents!

I've had little time last weeks to build on this one..

The new resin is in, and I've tried to make some parts. For the airscoops I might have to make a new mold, the rest came out quit OK.

First for the splitterplates, all I need to do is some rivetting. We'll see how they turn out..

IMG_2688.jpg

Sorry for these pics, I'll use my SLR next time!

The airscoops, one is of use, the others can go:

IMG_2693.jpg

With these ailerons I'm happy;

IMG_2695.jpg

The burnercans came out quit thin, but I guess once painted they will look fine!

IMG_2697.jpg

Stay tuned!