Hey guys

havent done a WIP here in ages so here i go !

Building the Hasegawas Ki-84 with some goodies

Eduard Mask, interior & exterior

Im still unsure of what markings i will use i do have the the Aeromaster sheet we shall see when time comes

This should be fun!

Started with the pit removing plastic and adding PE there are lots of little fiddly pieces here!

p1030904a.jpg

p1030905cz.jpg

More soon

Cheers

Neo

Thanks CorsairMan

Time for an update

manage to get some paint on this baby !! im pretty sure that green is wrong BUT it matches the Eduard color etch and to me that more important ( dont hurt me )

Here are some pics

i made a cussion out of blue tack not sure im goin to use it but we never know

p1030917q.jpg

after paint (salt weathering on bare etch)

p1030924w.jpg

p1030923c.jpg

p1030921s.jpg

engine is Humbrol 56 aluminium with Tamiya panel line accent (brown) and some AK Engine grime that i smudge on the from and blew back at 20psi to simulate what would happen when in flight

p1030922n.jpg

More soon

Cheers

Neo

Great progress, Neo!! The cockpit looks great. Have you decided on the paint scheme yet? I did a japanese aircraft last year and was amazed at all the different colorful paint schemes used.

Don

these are the decal i have. Im 95% sure of going with the second one with the #16 on the nose. The only thing is since i plan on weathering the hell out of this plane it might look odd have perfect markings on it ... im thinking i should get some paint mask at least for the insignias

es32067a.jpg

That's going to look great, Neo. When i did my build i used insignia masks for all the Himomaru and i painted all the stripes. IIRC i used Scale Percision Paint Masks i bought from Sprue Bros. The masks are for the meatballs only, stripes are easy to lay out. The masks were very easy to use, though the subject has to be the easiest to do.

Don

That is really impressive Neo, now I know why I'm happy to model in 1/72, I just don't have the skills & patience for that sort of detail but admire the heck out of those that can. :thumbsup:/>

Steve.

Beautiful work!

ALF

:thumbsup:/>

That is really impressive Neo, now I know why I'm happy to model in 1/72, I just don't have the skills & patience for that sort of detail but admire the heck out of those that can. :thumbsup:/>/>

Steve.

Thanks guys ! it seams this one not getting much attention :P maybe this will help..

i painted the hole airframe humbrol polished alminium and buffed it out. she looks quite good but man does that NMF bring out ALL the flaws!

p1030954j.jpg

engine is also done i decided not to put the rest of the PE since its impossible to see it once the cowl is on

p1030948.JPG

hope you like it

Cheers

Neo

Looking really good so far, Neo. As you've sprayed a base of aluminum, I presume you're going to weather the green and other colours?

Mike

Spot on Mike

im goign to use the salt weathering technique on this one

Very Cool looking Build.... Impressive. I very much like the Engine and your Cockpit detail.

Emil

Thanks Emil appreciate it :woot.gif:

Here the progress

i salt weathered the bottom

p1040003g.jpg

and prepped the top (when the water dies off its going in the spray booth)

p1030998r.jpg

p1040001p.jpg

The trick is to remember what your car looks like in the Canadian winter and replicate it :P

Looks promising! Oh, and be careful - looks like you got lots of huge dust balls on it during painting... :whistle:

Or you drove it down Highway 40 in winter!

Should look good after you flake off the salt. And BTW, that engine detail is fantastic.

ALF

Looks promising! Oh, and be careful - looks like you got lots of huge dust balls on it during painting... :whistle:/>

Or you drove it down Highway 40 in winter!

Should look good after you flake off the salt. And BTW, that engine detail is fantastic.

ALF

LOL ALF yep you got me on the winter car look i was trying to achieve! :P

Thanks for following

-------------------------

Ive been masking away for the white bands and still have to maks the yellow before i can get the salt off her. In the process i had to remove some salt to place my tape adn of course some fell off while holding the plane

p1040009k.jpg

More soon

Cheers

Neo

Looks great......I am not sure but be careful if you are going to use future.....it had a major reaction on my try recently.......don't know if it was the salt residue or something but it nearly killed my bearcat......

spoit.jpg

spoit1.jpg

I really liked the way you did the oil splash on the engine must try that sometime

Cheers

Mr b

Thanks for the Heads up Mr B ill be sure to wash her real nice before future time

----

had time to paint today !!

p1040010a.jpg

p1040014s.jpg

still too freash to remove the salt but tomorow sounds good to me !

Cheers

Neo

YeHa

Salt if off !! i wet sanded the hole plane woth 2000 grit to remove masking demarcations and to remove the small salt that would not go with a toothbrush then gave her a warm dishwashing soap cleaning(Dawn) to remove residues.

here is how she looks

p1040021z.jpg

p1040017o.jpg

p1040022u.jpg

tonight i applied a coat of future in prep for decals

Cheers

Neo

But one very cool looking beat up bird.... The Japanese were good at engineering and building them but I guess they had limited resources for paint which lacked in sticking.

Neo very nice Likeness!

Emil

That is one beat up bird.

:woot.gif:

But one very cool looking beat up bird.... The Japanese were good at engineering and building them but I guess they had limited resources for paint which lacked in sticking.

Neo very nice Likeness!

Emil

Thanks Emil

im guessing their paint problem might have bean due to petrol shortages hence paint was most likely not a hard oil base .. but this is a wild guess

Alright update time

ive been hacking away at decals .. literally !

all the stencils have been applied then hack at with different tools to make them blend it the chipped paint job

I still have the tail and the black walkway to chip

Note that the Insignia's have no chipping as ive been told they where kept in pristine shame to honor their country

p1040031k.jpg

p1040032e.jpg

p1040033e.jpg

More Soon

Neo