The FW Buzz letter was probably taken from the photo of the "F-100BI" mock-up of the sabre and the fact that it was kind of related to the F-100. Having trouble finding an actual code for the F-107. I don't think they actually assigned a letter combo to it. The reason for the buzz numbers was to keep WWII fighter pilots from "Buzzing" almost anything to impress somebody and then crashing. Civilians could supposedly see the number and report it. By the time the F-107 came around, that was not so much a problem.

Steve

Edited by Steve jahn

Thank you everybody , I really appreciate your help.

I would like model the ultrasabre as a whatif operational vietnam bird.

Had an idea just now : I have the Trumpeteer 72nd kit and an old superscale decal sheet for aluminium painted F-105D with Buzz number FH,

What about using it as is on the 107 retaining the H? What do you think? too much non-plausible ?

Or should I get decals for a camo painted F-105 or F-100 or Phantom and use that? Opinions?

Iggy hi2.gif/>

Edit: FW-285 was an actual F-100 thus got the idea of using actual F-105 markings with no modifications.

FR was the buzz for XF-83 but could have been recycled for the 107.

It appears The FR code was re-cycled from the XF-83. From the book "Buzz Numbers", by Peter Bowers. "FR on factory painting blueprint when auther restored US Air Force F-107 for the US Air Force Museum".

Steve

Since you are building a hypothetical aircraft that never went into service, I guess you can use whatever buzz number you want. Also remember that if put in sea camo, large fuselage buzz numbers were not used on camo birds.

Frank

ATL