hey guys, i just picked up the academy f-4b kit and a good handful of parts were missing....removed by the person who sold the kit to the person i bought it from!! the nerve!! anyway, here's a list of the parts i'm missing:

F39, i1, i2, Q5x2, Q6x2, Q7, Q8, Q10, Q11x2, Q12x2, Q13x2, Q14x2, Q15x2 and Q22x2

here are some pics of what's missing

academy_f4b-5-copy.jpg

screen-shot-2013-03-20-at-9-38-05-am.png

screen-shot-2013-03-20-at-9-36-15-am.png

if anyone could help me out or point me in the right direction in terms of AM....let me know...

I need VF-84 Jolly Rogers (with stencils!!!) DECALS!! Please help! I thought maybe Double Ugly but they don't have stencils...

CAM Decals has them available in 1/32 scale. CAM PRO decals P32-007 F-14 data stencils and P32-008 VF-84 F-14A USS Nimitz 1981. Available on the CAM Decals web site at: camdecals.com

Ah thanks. I actually found a set of Monokio for 1/48...but I'll have to use the stencils in the Academy B kit...

But I guess I was looking for 1/72 VF-84 decals with stencils specifically....too bad CAM is sold out of them

Keep an eye on the web site, pretty sure something big is in the works, besides the long awaited A-4 Blue Angels. Wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of the OLD CAM decals back in print, only better and with full color instructions.

Keep an eye on the web site, pretty sure something big is in the works,....

Looks like these Monokio decals are dry transfer, but can also be applied with water??????

Do you have experience with these decals?

Gene K

I've got a set of 1/72 KMC F-4 resin intakes and Wolfpack 72018 "Flap Down" control surfaces.

PM me with an offer, I live in the US and take Paypal. If you're looking to trade, I build mostly 1/72.

Thanks!

Rich

I don't suppose anyone has a spare decal sheet in good condition from the Fujimi "Yellow Bird" FG.1/F-4K boxing, they'd be willing to sell, do they? I'd love to build either the "Spook" or "Ten Ton Budgie" options from there.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd need a set of 1/72 SEA scheme stencils... I do have the set from Print Scale but they're far too aggravating/difficult to work with for my skill set. Anyone have a spare set, say a Hasegawa kit sheet or somesuch?

Decals for Intake splitter?

Someone somewhere mentioned decals with rows of "rivets" that could possibly be cut to represent the holes in 1/72 splitter plates. Does anyone have a lead to such decals?

Thanks,

Gene K

Decals for Intake splitter?

Someone somewhere mentioned decals with rows of "rivets" that could possibly be cut to represent the holes in 1/72 splitter plates. Does anyone have a lead to such decals?

Thanks,

Gene K

Possibly the Archer dry transfer resin rivets?

Thanks, Sven, but the dots on the decal sheets referenced were very small and arranged in denser patterns.

Gene K.

Indycals has a couple sheets of decals of bolts, rivets, and shadow bolts that may work.

http://www.indycals.net/decals/accessories/bolts.html

Not sure which size would be good for 1/72 though

Thanks, Bigasshammm. I may get a sheet of the smallest just to see what they'd look like - way too big, I suppose, but I may be able to downsize them with the help of my Alps printer.

Gene K

I can't believe after all these years that no aftermarket early wing tanks are available!!!!!!!!

A company like Freightdog would be an ideal producer, given their range and excellent casting.

In that regard, I suggested to them that they consider producing a set of 1/72 early wing tanks for the F-4 Phantom (more rounded than later tanks, and have weld seams on the mid line). They were used extensively by the early US Navy and Marine Phantoms, as well as early USAF models. Considering all the 1/72 models sold over the past fifty years, especially Hasegawa, the new tanks could be used by many to retrofit their models as well as outfitting new ones. Additionally, if the new 1/72 Academy F-4B ever materializes, new early tanks would certainly be in demand (I doubt Academy would include the old tanks).

Anyone have masters?

Gene K

Does anyone make 1/72 M-B H5 seats for the earlier RAF/RN Phantoms, out of curiosity?

Also, I've not used the kit stencils on my 1/72 F-4F, as I have an Airdoc set I'm using instead. If anyone wants them, I'm happy to slip them in the post.

• 3 weeks later...

Did Hasegawa kits ever have a one piece canopy? I like to do mine closed but shudder at the thought of lining this all up. Figure it was worth an ask.

1/48. I have the rf-4b kit not sure if that matters.

Did Hasegawa kits ever have a one piece canopy? I like to do mine closed but shudder at the thought of lining this all up. Figure it was worth an ask.

1/48. I have the rf-4b kit not sure if that matters.

I know the E version comes with both

Yea it looks like several kits had them.

So amended question now is does anyone have one I can have? Can pay, reimburse, whatever. I don't care of its accurate to the rf-4b as long as it fits.

Would anyone be interested in trading some a 1/48=F-4B decals (including any Hasegawa F4B sheets) for some weapons from the Academy F-4?

I'd really like an alternative to the VF-111 markings that come in the Academy box.

PM me if you want to wheel and deal. Prefer to keep it in the US to keep shipping costs low. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm building a Spanish F-4C, and I'm looking for a couple things to hang under it. I need a SUU-16 gunpod with centreline pylon (can be found in the Monogram and Accurate Miniatures F-4 kits) and a SUU-20 practice bomb dispenser (can be found in the Hasegawa weapons set 3).

I live in The Netherlands and can do PayPal.

Thanks. :)

Yea it looks like several kits had them.

So amended question now is does anyone have one I can have? Can pay, reimburse, whatever. I don't care of its accurate to the rf-4b as long as it fits.

Got my canopy thanks to Shadoweng.

If anyone's interested or needs them ill have all the extra parts that come in the Hase RF-4B kit available. Looks like some crappy weapons, pylons, ips, I think a couple exhaust cans. They're not special but may be needed and ill never use them. Free just reimburse shipping.

It only had one set of wings and idk enough about them to know if they're thin or thick wings. Either way though they're on the model so I don't have any wigs available. I think what will be left is a few pylons, some crude weapons (missiles), a couple instrument panels, and some scoops and such. I think a different set of exhausts as well but they're kit and not very detailed.