Hello everybody,

Here is my last finished model. It's a very very tiny model for 1/72. It's my 8th UAV in my collection (Predator, Reaper, Gnat750, Global Hawk, X47B, Firescout, AS-1 Kennel) !!

img_3135.jpg

This very tiny UAV is operated by the US Army and US Marines Corps almost everywhere USA is involved in war. THe main task of this vehicule is scouting, tracking, target acquisition ans battle damage assessment. The plane is launched from a pneumatic catapult and lands with the help of a hook and rope brake which makes it akin to aircraft operating from aircraft carriers.

It wa built in number around 2000. It is the successor to the RQ-2 Pioneer of the same manufacturer. The production began in 2002 with the RQ-7A. In 2004 appeared the B version which has a greater wingspan (4,3m), an increased amount of fuel to allow for 6 hour flight.

The RQ-7 has been used in combat operations in Iraq and Afghanistan. Aircraft made a total of 37.000 missions.

img_3136.jpg

This model kit is engineered as weel as the Firescout, with 3D conception and printing. It's a very tiny model kit. Quite easy to do, except for the eyes !! Fitting is very good (but not as good as the Firescout which was exceptionnal). All the details are made with photoetch.

img_3137.jpg

img_3138.jpg

img_3139.jpg

img_3141.jpg

img_3117.jpg

img_3118.jpg

All the building can be seen there : http://maquette72.free.fr/articles/2012_98_rq7/index98_pap.php

Please tell me what you think about it.

Alain.

I'm finishing up the 1/35 Academy kit and it is tiny. Fits in palm of my hand. Can only imagine how small yours is. Better not sneeze or breath in heavy:-) . Looks very nice.

Edited by jynski