- brassin AIM-9B

- eduard Masks

- master metal pitots

...and awaiting for Dmolds seamless intakes to arrive in my mailbox

i should begin this project this weekend

updates to come soon...

regards

Simon

Dude, your building more Phantoms (with WAY more aftermarket) then even I am!!!!w00t.gif

i plan to build 10 Phantoms for this group build! i know it's ambitious... but since i'm not here for raffles, but rather to "force" myself for some productivity!!!

and i was collecting some AM stuff for years, getting a lots of them while buying kits from ebay... (i just decided recently to gather some more stuff for those builds, like Masks, resin wheels and metal pitots for every projects)

today i did remove the trunion plates on the wings... of 4 of my projects! (hasegawa kits) ...funny as i'll have eventually to add some, on two of my other projects! (monogram kits)

Edited by mingwin

the work start very slowly... i primed most cockpit part... and sprayed Dark gull gray...

here is the Aires tub... i should begin "the painting this week"

DSCN3689_zpsd1a52220.jpg

i also thinned a couple of fuselage halves prior to fitting resin pit into them... (3 of my builds will have resin pits)

• 2 months later...

DSCN3938_zpsb4c207db.jpg

seats are from QuickBoost, didn't wanna mess with PE belts and buckles... slightly much that i wanted to this time... but i kept the Aires ones for later...

anyway, as those seat shows, i still have limited painting skills... but trying hard to improve!

DSCN3991_zpsd413c5cf.jpg

some more images of the offices...

this is Aires resin pit... with Eduard's prepainted instrument panels!

had enough with the other Aires pit i did (very tedious PE painting gives nice results... but nearly drives me crazy!)

DSCN3989_zps031fa88e.jpg

i had so much a hard time to fit the Aires pit... with the Aires wheelbays...

have to thin so much both piece that i broke the pit's floor (should have make way more dry fitting tests... preliminary had let me believe that everything would be fine... but when come the time to close body halves , i had the bad surprise the it simply won't close... so i had to undo... and the, broke my pit while trying to separated CA glued parts.... lesson learned! )

DSCN3995_zps41e82b93.jpg

other mistake i made with the pit was the use of flory models white washes to "enhance" sides details...

FAIL!!! there is too much details to remove the washe with a cotton swab... i hended having white fur on both consoles...sad.gif

when i finish cleaning up the mess i did, i didcover the the operation have ruined the paint job (paint stick way less on resin than plastic) and broke lots of tiny details...doh.gif

but, lesson learned again, the hard way... but won't forget! ...in the end it won't be so important as i close all my canopies!

• 2 weeks later...

DSCN4050_zps05485853.jpg

now that one is also at the same stage as my other hasegawa project

canopies are closed

masks are applied

wings are glued to main body parts... and now the is a bunch of sanding jobs to do here too...

• 2 weeks later...

DSCN4280_zps0f63d252.jpg

i have re-scribe lost details... minus some rivets that should be done this week...

i cleaned the recess details newly made with lacquer thinner... cautiously!

i rather proud yet of my work!

DSCN4281_zpsedbdd404.jpg

thank you for looking!

• 4 months later...

well... it's way too late for the deadline... 6 weeks laterolleyes.gif(i've take my vacations after the GB, so i haven't touch any of my models, for at least 3 weeks...)

but now it completed! ...my 7th build completed this year!

DSCN5474_zpsde1b74c6.jpg

DSCN5475_zpsc3aa2b99.jpg

DSCN5476_zps4c0b395f.jpg

DSCN5478_zps8c54b08b.jpg

That looks stunning!

I have that same decal sheet, but I can only dream of making mine look as good as yours! I'm probably going to do the yellow or red one, though.

Thank you Litvyak!

...and for the yellow striped one... i'll post some pictures of mine in a few minutes...