Stompin' Tom Connors passes away.

A great Canadian icon has passed away today. Folk singer/songwriter Stompin' Tom Connors best known for his "The Hockey Song". Link. He wrote songs about Canada and Canadian culture like "Bud the Spud" and "Sudbury Saturday Night". RIP. I just hope that the hockey song won't get ruined by Justin Bieber.

Edited by aerofan

A great Canadian icon has passed away today. Folk singer/songwriter Stompin' Tom Connors best known for his "The Hockey Song". Link. He wrote songs about Canada and Canadian culture like "Bud the Spud" and "Sudbury Saturday Night". RIP. I just hope that the hockey song won't get ruined by Justin Bieber.

Oh well he's worth a double post :lol:

Don't worry Tom's music was too folksy Canadian to have any new type singer mess with it.

Oh well he's worth a double post :lol:/>

Don't worry Tom's music was too folksy Canadian to have any new type singer mess with it.

He does deserve a double post - I liked your youtube links. I thought we were the only two fans of his west of Ontario! :lol:

With Stompin' Tom gone, I wonder who is entrusted with the rights to his music. Hopefully that person has some integrity that a Bieber type singer won't do a remake of 'The Hockey Song'. I see all these new singers/groups doing covers of iconic rock songs and ruinning it.

Another of Stompin' Tom's is "The Ketchup Song" - ketchup loves potatoes. Every time I dig into some fries and ketchup, I think about that song. Thanks Stompin' Tom for some great tunes.

The only guy I ever heard who could rhyme something with "carbon monoxide"! With regard to the "Fire in the Mine" song about 39 miners killed in the Hollinger Mine, Timmins, Ontario in 1965! He was a true "character" and will be missed.

Alvin5182