1/48 Hasegawa F-4C Luke AFB candy cane airforce 816

DSCN3638_zps088fee53.jpg

that TwoBobs decal sheet will be useful as i'll do a second scheme from!

to that, i'll add:

- Aires short nozzles

- master metal pitots (i'd buy 10 of those sets for the group build!)

- eduard Masks

- eduard F-4C self adhesive Zoom set

- brassin wheel set

...also, not there but coming (soon , i hope) in the mail : Rhino Modelwork seamless intakes (as Dmolds didn't do a set for raised panel line kit)

like my other projects... will begin this week end...

regards

Simon

• 2 months later...

DSCN3956_zpse316d682.jpg

DSCN3949_zps4b0d2a21.jpg

some update...

seats are now done, thanks to following members, for their kind contribution, in giving me infos on seat colors... as i'm colorblind, this is priceless: phantom, modelbillder,Spectre711, ...without forgetting PlasticWeapons !

thank you all for your valuable info, hints and time.

maybe all your help won't show well in my work, but i really did try very hard!

DSCN4001_zps56be7ed8.jpg

those are the hand painted PE instrument panels... now the instruments are slightly offset, due to manipulation accident while gluing body halves together...

DSCN3999_zps62d1d0d9.jpg

Edited by mingwin
  • 2 weeks later...

that one is also doing pretty fine now...

it is a bit harder to do than my other hase Phantoms as it have raised panel lines... i bought some Archer fine transferts to do some rivets and lines repair... but still try to limit damage...

DSCN4035_zps63700cdd.jpg

as with my other kits where i used way too much resin bits , there was big gaps on the underside T joint... filling was required... and sanding is on a ongoing stage... this is not the simpliest place to work on...

DSCN4037_zps75d9e532.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

everything have been sanded... smooth surface have been obtain using my dremmel and polishing cloth... not because i really wanted it to be smooth as glass, but only to better seen where are the scratches i could have miss...

there is still very small here and there... but nothing very noticeable...

DSCN4274_zpse74d9eb9.jpg

lost details on the spine have been scribe, i did use the academy's kit spine refueling door as a scribbling template.

i'll use Archer's fine details transfers to restore some lines and rivets that where lost...

DSCN4276_zpsd65c8d4f.jpg

• 4 months later...

Thank you guys! ...i haven't thought there would be comments that fast after i post them, as the group build is ended since long... seems like Phantom lovers are of the Phaitful kind...