Kittyhawk 1/48 Mig-25

Yes i saw web page, i think that is RBT version (not sure) complete.

Gabor maybe is there still prohibition of exporting them worldwide? even like museum exhibits? Like for Su-15, because of shooting KAL 007 flight, and thats way is so popular for private collectors.. as far I know only one is in Europe.

I have no idea how they transport Foxbat to Finland? :woot.gif:

Yes i saw web page, i think that is RBT version (not sure) complete.

Gabor maybe is there still prohibition of exporting them worldwide? even like museum exhibits? Like for Su-15, because of shooting KAL 007 flight, and thats way is so popular for private collectors.. as far I know only one is in Europe.

I have no idea how they transport Foxbat to Finland? :woot.gif:/>

It was taken by road! I know of no prohibition for museum aircraft. The Su-15 is an interesting case but one example is at Kosice museum in perfect condition, even if it is completely empty inside, apart from a full cockpit. So I dont think there is any export restriction on the Su-15. The Kosice example was a fully legal delivery for the museum. From Russia a MiG-25 was promissed but in the end I think they made a much better choice from the Russian offer and accepted from Putyin a perfectly airworthy Po-2 aircraft. I love the MiG-25 but an airworthy Po-2 is far far better. Anyway the Kosice museum is superb and it has some fantastic and very unique aircraft there, like the present from China a Fantan!! :woot.gif: Once again the only in Europe (or is it in any museum out side China??)!!!

Best regards

Gabor

Interesting discussion, even more interesting kit and, above all, very interesting they didn't get it right given all the help and references available. It's amazing.

These kind of discussions are one of the main reasons I really like to visit ARC every day, even though I don't have that much time for actually building kits these days (two little children). This is what these forums are for if you ask me! (Once one of the main attractions for me was the Real Aviation forum as well and it's very entertaining discussions :rolleyes:/> ) Talking about models, their accuracy issues etc. make these forums interesting. After all, we are in the business of building scale models! They are supposed to be as precise as possible. In my opinion that's the very definition of a scale model.

So, what I'm trying to say is naturally these kinds of major flaws will be noticed and discussed in detail. Those who don't care, just build the kit and enjoy! I have nothing against that view. But if I'm building scale models, they are supposed to look like their real life counterparts in every possible aspect. A minor flaw here and there naturally doesn't count, but major issues like on this kit are not acceptable, not when you have a thing called "internet"! We as consumers have a right to demand more. Much more than this kit of a magnificent plane promises to deliver. I know some people will once again say "it looks like a MiG-25 to me and I'll buy it anyway". Feel free to do that! I just can't accept half-arsed attempts from people that necessarily aren't model builders themselves and which are clearly made for non-connoisseur modelers (kids..?) with making easy money as the prime goal.

Luckily 1/48 isn't even my scale. That being said, if Eduard would relese a MiG-21-like "perfect" model of the mighty Foxbat, I might consider. I'll probably end up getting the Eduard bis one day, if not for the scale, just for the sake of a well researched model that is done by passionate modelers - for passionate modelers.

:ditto::thumbsup:

Just one thing: you do realize that Eduard bis is actually the only MiG-21 kit they released with a noticeable accuracy problem (the nose profile)? While it was certainly a well researched model, Eduard made a conscious decision to cut some corners to lower their tooling costs...

:ditto:/> :thumbsup:/>

Just one thing: you do realize that Eduard bis is actually the only MiG-21 kit they released with a noticeable accuracy problem (the nose profile)? While it was certainly a well researched model, Eduard made a conscious decision to cut some corners to lower their tooling costs...

I do realize that. But I find it quite understandable given that they are also a business entity. In order to make money, you'll have to do it somewhere. I guess that's the destiny of all injection molded bis versions if they are a part in a series of MiG-21 models.

What comes to our local Bat, unfortunately I haven't seen it. It wouldn't be that far away from where I live but I rarely have any reason to visit Tampere Pirkkala airport. I'm not sure of its faith at the moment, but I find it strange - if it still is there - that it wasn't on display two years ago when they held an international airshow there. I'm not sure about the exact date of the satellite photos on Google Earth, but there certainly would appear to be a large winged object resembling a MiG-25...

"It belongs to a museum!"

we like this forum.

we don't want you to think we are not modelers first. we are.

we have seen our mistakes thanks to forums like this, and gone back to retool on several kits.

we have decided to retool the Mig-25 kit. i hope to have new pictures to show you in a couple of weeks.

feel free to voice your opinion. it helps us to grow as a company.

thank you again

Glen @ Kitty Hawk

we like this forum.

we have seen our mistakes thanks to forums like this, and gone back to retool on several kits.

we have decided to retool the Mig-25 kit. i hope to have new pictures to show you in a couple of weeks.

thank you again

Glen @ Kitty Hawk

Wow!

we like this forum.

thank you again

Glen @ Kitty Hawk

:thumbsup::worship::clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

we like this forum.

thank you again

Glen @ Kitty Hawk

Oh wow! That is soooo neat! I mean, a model company actually recognizing their mistakes in a public forum and committing to get them fixed? This speaks so well of Kitty Hawk! Why dont all model companies do this all the time? I am sure there are dozens of modelers that are <experts> in a particular subject that are willing to help (even for free, I bet) so these companies can develop a good and accurate product.

I believe this statement is the beginning of a new trend and will change how things will get done from now on (at least with KittyHawk). If this works out good for everybody, it maybe even be a turning point for modeling as a whole. Companies actively interacting with modelers <in real time> to produce better, more accurate kits?

I sincerely hope this comes true!

we like this forum.

thank you again

Glen @ Kitty Hawk

You know, there is an Iraqi RB fuselage, at least, in restoration at the USAF museum. (I have no idea why they didn't grab some wings, since I seem to remember photos of US soldiers standing in front of intact Foxbats.)

Just sayin.

HEY FAB!

Edited by punder

we like this forum.

thank you again

Glen @ Kitty Hawk

That is healthy attitude Glen. I am glad to see it even tho it is not "my" scale.

we like this forum.

thank you again

Glen @ Kitty Hawk

Respect!

Wow, great news from Kitty Hawk since this is in my scale. I look forward to the revised test shots now that I know what I should be looking for thanks to others on this site. I can get rid of my Revell kit finally. Maybe I can melt it in some liquid cement and use it for filler :)

Personally I think the MiG 25 is aimed at us enthusiasts since the younger modellers are not familiar with it, in my opinion at least but I may be wrong. The MiG 29 and Su 27 on the other hand have been seen at airshows and in publications but not so the MiG 25. Ask someone what is the relationship between the MiG 25 and Japan and I would bet you get some blank stares :) I had always wanted to do the Algerian MiG 25 since the markings are different and I even have a sheet of rub on Algerian marking to do so. Hopefully they see the light of day on the KH kit.

So now I go to hold my breath and see what KH produces and then if it is good, hopefully I will have a nice present under my Christmas tree :thumbsup:

we like this forum.

thank you again

Glen @ Kitty Hawk

respect2.jpg

:D

Edited by foxmulder_ms

we like this forum.

thank you again

Glen @ Kitty Hawk

:worship:/> :worship:/> :worship:/> :worship:/>

I think the KH Mig-25 kit is fine as it is. Please proceed to production.

Don't want to argue, but I can't understand what you just said. If certain rather visible flaws have been spotted and even the manufacturer's representative is ready to make changes for the product, we all should be happy. It's supposed to be a scale model and not a toy.