Kittyhawk 1/48 Mig-25

The moderators may as well lock it.

We now have photos with arrows being at shallow curves/flatter areas calling them rounded so as to suite the posters points.

When guys start bending facts and clearly indicative photos which show shallow transitional areas and stating they are perfectly round because they think they should be its time to go back to other less tainted and far less biased opinions.

What is this witch talk?! Burn him on the stake!

:rofl:/>

The moderators may as well lock it.

We now have photos with arrows being at shallow curves/flatter areas calling them rounded so as to suite the posters points.

When guys start bending facts and clearly indicative photos which show shallow transitional areas and stating they are perfectly round because they think they should be its time to go back to other less tainted and far less biased opinions.

You completely lost me...

Please tell me what to drink and the quantities so I can understand!

:cheers:/>:beer4:/>

Regards,

• 2 months later...

Wheel files have been finished and submitted. Note: I'm not producing these. I just did the CAD (and don't want to step on any toes by giving out too much info). I will say that I'm currently working on other parts for the kit, but I'm pretty bogged down, trying to balance accuracy vs. the kit's shortcomings.

Also, since it got lost in last nights stupidity, I'll ask again: has anyone seen Gabor lately? I'm hoping to get some info from him. Alternatively, anyone else have access to a Foxbat and a measuring tape?

Mr. MoFo,

Any word on those correction, update set's for the MiG-25?

Brad

[/quote

Mr. Mofo

The updates are out of my hands. I'm doing the CAD models, but someone else is printing, casting and marketing the products, so I have no say on an actual release date.

I *will* be sending out a test print of the intakes pretty soon, to check general geometries and refine the shapes (it has been a *horrendous* task trying to work out conflicting references, difficult shapes and kit inaccuracies, while compensating for material thicknesses).

And I still need some measurements off an actual MiG-25PD (or a 'short' engine, at least) before I can start on the exhausts, so if anyone has access to a Foxbat and is willing to help, drop me a line.

Found this Aires MiG 25 seat and pilot set on eBay:

$_12.JPG

I've seen it too but did not get it as Gabor pointed out that the suit is not the one used by 'Foxbat' pilots as they must use a specific flight suit with these helmets.

"Looks nice, but . . . The GS-6 high altitude helmet was only used together with the VKK-6 series of flight suits in the years when the MiG-25 was active. It is true that now days the GS-6LP helmets are used with VKK-15 flight suits in MiG-31's, but in those interceptors the pilot is sitting in a K-36 seat and not the KM-1.

What you see on this resin product is a GS-6A or LP version of the helmet but it is shown in combination with a summer time flight suit, which is wrong!

The GS-6 was used (can ONLY!!! be used) with the VKK-6 suit with either the VK-3 ventilating overall on top of it or the very distinctiv VKK-6 just on its own."

Regards,