A Flanker at rest has the stabliisers drooped

And flaps and slats ;) Cut, cut, cut :D

I haven't built this kit yet, but the UB didn't have the misaligned canopy/windshield seam as opposed to J-11B. I guess the problem lies with their singleseater moulds. How was the Su-30MKK canopy?

And flaps and slats ;)/> Cut, cut, cut :D/>

You are correct - I am just getting lazy...

I haven't built this kit yet, but the UB didn't have the misaligned canopy/windshield seam as opposed to J-11B. I guess the problem lies with their singleseater moulds. How was the Su-30MKK canopy?

Now you mention it, I don't recall having the same issue with the MKK/UB canopy.

It also has the seam - but sanding it down did not reveal any misalignment.

Ken

• 3 weeks later...

Model now painted - and decalled........

Su-27%20022.JPG

.... ready for some slight weathering and a satin topcoat.....

Su-27%20023.JPG

I've just spent a day masking & painting the 24 front fins on the R-27 missiles :bandhead2:/>

As they are 'live', the missile bodies are white - but the fins (all 48 of them!) are dark titanium - the front ones have white leading edges. :woot.gif:/>

I'm also not convinced that Tsymbal's machine carried six missiles - I can't see the noses of any centreline missiles in the few photos that are available - see discussion here

I think Trumpeter's boxart is correct showing 2 X R-27T on the inner wing pylons and 2 X R-27R on the intakes.

Anyone care to comment ???

Ken

Oh that's tricky. With this image you can see the tip and fin edge peeking out from between the intakes...

su04_010.jpg

but not in this one

52704610.jpg

you must do what you feel is right, of course....

but other than the missile questions, KEN! this is turning out really nice! it'll be a gem when the weathering hits. :D/>

Edited by nicholassagan

I am not so sure that top picture is from that event. I have another picture and that doesn't show middle pylon being used. IMHO it was carrying 2x R-27R's and 2x R-27T's.

• 2 weeks later...