phantom,

I have some really old Arrow Graphics decals, so I recently tested them using a Canadian flag decal. Worked just fine, really thin, fit on to the model perfectly with a swipe of MicroSol. About the only thing that concerned me was how thin they were, but handled carefully, no rips.

all best

John

Apart from the decals this one wil be OOB. Just have to figure out how much of the wings need to be "clipped".

Finished for this week. Work straight through now till next Wednesday.

DSC_0165-4.jpg

Don't blink!

I don't think I've ever seen the Phantom build a corsair. Interesting.

He's got little Elfs doing his bidding. No one has seen the Phantom build and lived to tell the tail...... Oh I'm sure if they did there was a flurry to the solar plexus. Then a poke to the eyes and then a knee to the head.....

And then I LOST IT!!! I SNAPPED!!!! I head-faked him with some Testors tube glue and the moron went for it. A flurry to the solar plexus and he is lying there and I said, "Hows THAT pal?"

"Is that , he has Elfs building for you" enough for ya pal?"

Ever since I've been the champ.

Edited by phantom

And then I LOST IT!!! I SNAPPED!!!! I head-faked him with some Testors tube glue and the moron went for it. A flurry to the solar plexus and he is lying there and I said, "Hows THAT pal?"

"Is that , he has Elfs building for you" enough for ya pal?"

Ever since I've been the champ.

Now THIS ... this is a trip down memory lane ... how long ago was that routine? 25 ... 30 years? I can still hear that voice!

I'm still chuckling ... :rofl:

The wing clip is fairly easy, just file it down to just outside the wingtip lights.

Looking forward to seeing the results. A great kit and some personal favourite markings. I've done X/115 with the 1/72 Tamiya kit and Airfix decals (from their recent FAA Corsair boxing, nice decals, lousy kit, but costs about what the sheet alone is worth).

I have the aeromaster decals to make this aircraft in a war time version.

I lived a long time ago close to Toronto, and I loved going to the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum to see this Corsair before they sold it. I still have the mug. This is why I bought the decals when aeromaster released them.

If I finish my french Corsair on time, I may begin this one too right after.

Tony