Greetings

here is my first entry.

A 1/48 Hasegawa Blue angels editions (comes with oob Resin cans and Cartograph decals).

This build is sponsored by Ron(bashace) Thanks man

p1030900bk.jpg

For now ive only taken the main big part off the sprues and cleaned the pin marks/flash. Should get the cockpit done this weekend

Cheers

Neo

Great build neo,I clicked the link for your photos and saw the link to hlj and ended up buying two kits. :bandhead2:/> lol

Lol...classic, would expect nothing less from a modeler!

V/r

Ron

Great build neo,I clicked the link for your photos and saw the link to hlj and ended up buying two kits. :bandhead2:/> lol

LOL now we cant say that sponsoring ARC is for nothing !!

Thanks Ron considering the skill level i had at the time and that its brush [painted and a revell hunk of ... i wont be able to put the new one next to it !!

Alright some real progress

I was looking for a new technique to paint my cockpit but didnt find much so i went the old fashion way. I did however look at my previous F-4 only to realize that unless i stick a flash light in it you cant see ditly.

Witch brought me to not spend hours and hours on the pit

p1030942y.jpg

p1030943o.jpg

p1030945d.jpg

Thanks for that tip Neo, my PE scopes are all the wrong color, now I know what combo to use to fix them.

V/r

Ron

Your welcome glad i can be usefull :P

i do all my screen/light the same way

Steel or silver base then apply the wanted clear color. (on clear nav light i reverse the process)

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys

got a question. Ive applied Eduard mask to the canopy and painted the black . Now there a second set of mask to keep the black and mask off for the blue. The question is im i supposed to remove the fist set of mask and apply the other or apply the second set over the first??

Cheers

Neo

Hi Guys

got a question. Ive applied Eduard mask to the canopy and painted the black . Now there a second set of mask to keep the black and mask off for the blue. The question is im i supposed to remove the fist set of mask and apply the other or apply the second set over the first??

Cheers

Neo

BUMP

im anyone really im kid of hesitating one this one

If the masks are bigger you can't go wrong with peelig off the old and applying the new. I have no first hand experience though jut my guess. Pm phantom I'm sure he's done this at some point in 163 models.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright some paint

i pre painted all the wing tips in yellow since decals are a real PITA on tips

here is the main coat of paint using Humbrol 15

i still have to paint the underside

p1040099cg.jpg

p1040097s.jpg

Hope you like it

Cheers

Neo

• 2 weeks later...

Looks good yet! seems like you succeed at doing a really glossy finish! ... i hope mine will turn up that great!

Thanks im sure you will.

I used Humbrol #15 and MM blue angel yellow

---

Update

ive masked off all the areas that require the Alclad treatment. man this took forever !! about 2.5hours .. including 2000grit wet snading to make it baby bum smooth

p1040100y.jpg

p1040105e.jpg

More soon

cheers

Neo

Edited by Neo

Whoaaaaaa!jaw-dropping.gif that's awfully lots of masking tape!w00t.gif

did experience leads you in the process of choosing to do the main color, prior to the metallic ones? or is it just a personal choice?

i think i'll try the other way... unless you tell me that you are lead by experiences!

but i'm not there yet anyway... and follow with interest your build....