Hello guys.Well this one is one of the finest kits I have ever built.Despite the 30 years old mould it still fits pretty good.I only rescribed the panel lines because those ware too shallow.The cockpit was detailed with my ussual scratcbuilt details frpom styrene sheet.I used revell enamels for the painting.The weaterhering was done with tamiya set D some diluthed black sprayed via airbrush and a homemade water based ink wash.This machine should represent a aircraft used during the falklands war.

IMG_6525_zps0e244541.jpg

IMG_6526_zps9b15b31c.jpg

IMG_6527_zpse24bf923.jpg

IMG_6528_zpsbe5af09d.jpg

IMG_6529_zps4fbe6859.jpg

IMG_6532_zps4e09d769.jpg

IMG_6533_zpsaf635acd.jpg

IMG_6534_zpsbf60b523.jpg

IMG_6524_zps828ea803.jpg

Excellent! I really like it. Have you tried the new Airfix kit? I hear it's even better so I would be curious to see what wonder you would make of it considering how nicely you've built this one! :)

Thanks for sharing,

Arnaud

Thanks Arnaud.I haven`t tried the new airfix kits.I had this one for quite some time now.I also have the italeri FRS.1 wich I plan to build in the near future.I can`t wait to get the new airfix GR.1.I plan to build a AV-8A and a RAF GR.1 out of it.I would love to get their FA.2 harrier but it is still too expencive for my budget.

Thanks Arnaud.I haven`t tried the new airfix kits.I had this one for quite some time now.I also have the italeri FRS.1 wich I plan to build in the near future.I can`t wait to get the new airfix GR.1.I plan to build a AV-8A and a RAF GR.1 out of it.I would love to get their FA.2 harrier but it is still too expencive for my budget.

The Airfix FA.2 is not great kit, it's not that accurate, that said it does build well in terms of fitting etc

That is one awesome looking Harrier. The last thing an Argie Mirage saw in its rearview mirror!

John

Not this version they wouldn't. Sea Harrier was the fighter version.

-----------------

Well the airfix FA2 still looks like a harrier.It doesn`t bother me that it is not 100% accurate.There is no kit 100% accurate.Even this gr.3 is not that accurate by modern standards but still it builds into a nice representation after all :)

Nice one Dragan!I absolutelly agree... The ESCI early Harriers family are the best in 72 scale.Congratulations!

Is that the lineage of the Italeri Harriers, they are the ESCI molds?

Great looking build!

Tom

Thanks guys.

@Tom G,yes the Italeri Harriers FRS.1 and GR.3 and I think even GR.5/AV-8B are ex Esci.The early harriers are one of the best kits I have ever buuilt.I just love them.I might buy several more :D

• 2 weeks later...

If you got through this one the new Airfix kits will be a breeze.. I built 3 of their new pop Sea Harriers and I was moderately impressed with the quality for the money spent.