Best airgun for Large scale

HVLP_paint_gun.jpg

Holly Crap, I just had a marathon paint session with a Monogram B-36, I think I should have just used a spray can.

I know it doesn't meet your Groups qualification, but this thing is big!!!

Curt

Step010_zpsd849eaa7.jpg

010-1_zpsc1fa6227.jpg

Edited by Netz

I hope you have stocked up on Alclad? You will need it by the looks! I can't wait to see more of your progress. Will it be white underneath the fuselage and wings?

Looks great so far.

Edited by Yuri61

Paasche H with the biggest tip, #5 I think, would do the trick and also cost less than the Alclad it's going to take to cover that beast.

It's good to see someone building it, I'm sure 99.9% of all the Monogram B-36s sold are sitting, unbuilt, just like mine!

• 1 month later...

Well I backed up a few steps and ended up spraying it with Tamiya Fine primer after seeing a few imperfections in the surface, I then masked of and sprayed the areas Tamiya Black TS-14 that were going to be polished aluminum.

I then covered the Polish aluminum surfaces and sprayed the rest with Floquil "Shiny Aluminum.

The center wing was then taped off and I added Model Master Gun Metal to some Alclad and sprayed this area, once dry (or my next step) will be to remove the tape around the wing and than spray with Testors Glosscote Lacquer then polish the entire area with SNJ Powder, this will tone down the darker grey area giving the wing the same overall color with the darker area down the wing spar.

Curt

Step16_zps98f30ef7.jpg

Note; this box is 32X32 Inches big!!!

Step21_zps1970afb7.jpg

Step32_zps1a9ecbe8.jpg

Step36_zps75ea154e.jpg

Edited by Netz

My obligation to this project is done!!!

I think if I take on another Natural Metal finish it will have to measure under 8 inches....

Curt

011_zps889cb6f7.jpg

008_zps3a7de80a.jpg

Yes there will be some touch up on that leading edge...

007_zpsbe8157b7.jpg

005_zpsbc48c8a1.jpg

010_zps23752561.jpg