Hello Everyone!

This is my first time in a group build here on ARC and I’m happy to join. I’ve been fondling the sprues in my F4 for a while so this GB gives me the perfect excuse to get started.

I am going to convert the Hasegawa F-4J to a F-4B. I know the Academy kit is out there and everyone seems impressed with it but I had this sitting in the stash, and it would make the misses a little happier if a kit in the stash was completed instead of a new kit added to the stash! And we all know – SWMBO must be kept happy!

So here’s the kit and the aftermarket…

Post11_zps66f99aaf.jpg

I have the following AM for the kit:

1. Royale Resin F-4B/N Conversion kit

2. Aires F-4B/N Cockpit

3. Aires F-4B/C/D/N Exhaust Nozzles

4. Rhino Modelworks Intakes

5. Eduard Big Sin Early US Rocket Weapons

6. True Details USN Pylons for F-4

7. Vagabond Decals for VF-84

Here is a photo of the conversion set

Post12_zpsbda08bef.jpg

I’ll be doing the F-4B from the 1965 SEA cruise. So weapons are in order. My planned load out is; MERS on the outboard pylons with 6 Mk82 low drags (12 total) the inboard pylons will have a single AIM-9B and a TER with 2 rocket launchers. Aim 7s in the aft wells and a centerline tank. I’m not positive this is totally accurate for that cruise but it should look pretty cool, which is what I am looking for. The A2G ordinance will be coming from the Hasegawa weapons sets A and B and the A2A weapons will be from the Eduard set.

Post13_zps1673f59c.jpg

This will be a pretty big conversion for me, and I’m generally a pretty slow modeler so I’ll probably take the next 6 months to get it finished. Hopefully it looks as good when I am done as I think its going to.

Thanks for watching! See you all Soon.

Mike