Fight for the Sky - 1945 World War Two Documentary

This vid shows lots of USAAF Fighter footage, however one best view this purely as a propaganda film. It has lots of gun camera footage and some nice shots of Jugs, Lightnings, and Mustangs. Enjoy the flying and there is some German footage thrown in; not as clear as the US stuff, but still worth the viewing.

8th AF Fighter Battles

Enjoy

Edited by #1 Greywolf

Nice link. Set a few vids on that page to watch later.

One thing though - I far prefer the comments on this forum to the dross that exists under every You Tube video! What a bunch of trolls and dolts.

ALF

This vid shows lots of USAAF Fighter footage, however one best view this purely as a propaganda film. It has lots of gun camera footage and some nice shots of Jugs, Lightnings, and Mustangs. Enjoy the flying and there is some German footage thrown in; not as clear as the US stuff, but still worth the viewing.

8th AF Fighter Battles

Enjoy

I can't run the clip at work but I saw another compilation of ETO gun camera footage a few years back that was pretty tough to watch. All air to ground stuff, shooting up the Wehrmacht towards the end of the war. Color and pretty good quality.

It's disturbing seeing what 8 x .50 cal's will do to horses (a good portion of the German army still depended on horse-drawn carts for transportation), dismounted troops and light trucks. Not sure how the pilots could even tell the difference between a farmer's horse drawn cart and an army one. I think the rule at that time frame was "if it's on a road, it dies".

Could have sworn one of the targets looked like a Mosquito! Its at 27:42.

As well as an earlier shot of what appeared to be a Spitfire being shot at!

Alvin5182

:hmmm: It's entirely possible, I suppose that some Axis gun camera footage was added in they did show a scramble from a Luftwaffe air base and some inflight Luftwaffe footage.