Update on Richard Morgan

This is the text of an email received today from Detective Constable Morley, who has been investigating Morgan for a number of years.

Thought this was worth passing on.

Chris

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear All,

If you do not already know me can I introduce myself. I am a

Detective in Cambridgeshire Constabulary in the UK who has been

investigating a conman called Richard Owen MORGAN for the last few years.

The story so far is that during the year 2003 we had MORGAN in the

Crown Court twice. On the first occasion in March 2003, he pleaded guilty

to about fifteen deception/fraud and other offences. On that occasion the

Judge deferred his sentence for him to return to the Court in November by

which time he was to pay back his victims. So as such he was bailed from

the court until 14th November 2003.

Between March 2003 and 14th November 2003 MORGAN continued to commit

deception offences against the Modelling Community, his offences had

victims across the UK, the USA and Europe. I charged MORGAN with a further

ten offences in this period and all the offences were adjourned to be heard

at the Crown Court trail on November 14th 2003.

At the Peterborough Crown Court on 14th November 2003 MORGAN pleaded

guilty to approximately twenty six offences of deception. On returning to

the Court a relative of MORGAN'S paid money to the court to pay back his

victims, MORGAN paid nothing. In respect of the March offences and the

offences committed during his period of grace given by the court the Judge

sentenced MORGAN to Eighteen Months in prison ... However the Judge decided

to suspend that sentence for two years, for MORGAN to be of good behaviour.

FOR many of you that is what you were aware of so far (and how disappointed

I was), but the saga continued.

After the court date (within days) MORGAN was committing more crime. By now

he had moved on from Aircraft and Boat modelling, his victims were now from

the Train Modelling circles. Again the victims were from across the UK.

Between November 2003 and April 2004 there were fourteen more offences for

which I arrested him on 14th May 2004. MORGAN was charged with Fourteen

offences of Deception on that date and remanded in custody. I believe there

are many other victims who we were not aware of as well. Eventually MORGAN

pleaded GUILTY to these further offences and his case was heard at

Peterborough Crown Court on Friday 25th June 2004.

At Peterborough Crown Court on that date after putting in a guilty plea,

MORGAN was sent to prison for eighteen months. The Judge decided only to

impose the eighteen month sentence that he had given previously, he said

MORGAN would not serve any additional sentence for the new offences. The

Judge summed up to say with GOOD behaviour the sentence would be halved,

and with the possibility of other schemes MORGAN could be out of prison in

5-6 months.

I just wanted to let you all know the most recent update, and how

disillusioned I feel. Having done so much work to prove a case against this

person for no result. If any magazine editors can take this chance to

update as may people as possible, to be aware in a vary short time of

potentially becoming a victim. I only hope the sentence has the desired

effect on MORGAN. I feel that once again I have tried my best to work for

my victims of crime, the result being a let down. MORGAN was not made to

pay any compensation.

I cannot advise other victims how to proceed but I wish you all the luck.

Yours Sincerely

Pete MORLEY

Detective Constable

Cambridgeshire Constabulary

Peter.Morley@cambs.pnn.police.uk

I think this detective should be proud. At least some of the victims were repaid (the known ones) and that Morgan is in jail.

His actions did result in something and at least something was done.

We just can't count on bleeding heart judges to do the right thing.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how old Richard Morgan is?

I know this sounds kooky, but there is a thread on Hyperscale going now that calls into question the authenticity of the Detective's letter, and whether this is a internet hoax.

Just thought I'd bring it up, I never got burned by the guy...anybody here lose money?

Harry

OK, Morgan is in his mid-20's. He was a snotty 15-16 year old when I was Secretary of IPMS Brampton about 10 years or so ago. He was on his way to a life of crime then...

As for the HS thread, I agree it's really surreal, but DC Pete Morley really does exist! I've spoken to him at the local Police Station and he is really peed off that Morgan just takes the pi$$ whenever he's interviewed.

Unfortunately, due to "human rights", Morgan can't be put in the stocks or on the rack here in Merrie Englande, so unless he becomes someone's "*****" inside jail, he'll never learn...

Personally, I'd settle for 10 minutes with a cat o' nine tails and a bag of salt - but I'm a moderate bloke! And in case anyone thinks I don't exist, I'm sure that nice Mr Bamford will vouch for me!

Chris Hughes

Unfortunately, due to "human rights", Morgan can't be put in the stocks or on the rack here in Merrie Englande, so unless he becomes someone's "*****" inside jail, he'll never learn...

Personally, I'd settle for 10 minutes with a cat o' nine tails and a bag of salt - but I'm a moderate bloke!

Well I side with Alf Garnett, and would have every thief/conman/mugger/robber/burglar either branded or tattooed.

Even the copper was pi$$ed off that he'd nicked this little turd on numerous occasions, and the Beak wouldn't send him down. Regardless of the fact that it wasn't violent, he's a villain, and is where he belongs. No wonder the Police and public are disillusioned . . . .

I feel better now. Now where's my branding Iron?

Phil

Unfortunately in the grand scheme of things this scroates offences are pretty minor, in Canada I doubt he would have even faced a fine, let alone jail time. :thumbsup:

Just thought I'd bring it up, I never got burned by the guy...anybody here lose money?

Harry

I am one of the early "suckers" that got conned by him. As such, I was not "eligible" to join in the legal proceedings, and did not get reimbursed. :thumbsup:

I was only out a Hasegawa 1/48 F-4B/N, some 1/48 Su-27 decals, and a $25.00 International Express Mail fee. :cheers:

Larry Engesath

• 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is a reply from Morgan (Roarscarymonster) to a Question on a Fishing forum:

Originally Posted by flattiebasher2004

maybe maybe not possible new alias is shytehawk since he has the same rods n reels roarscarymonster uses and no paypal and lives roughly the same area

I will openly admit that it is myself, and as it says, I am selling all my sea fishing gear as I no longer want to participate in this hobby.

It is all being sold as is and is available for collection if wanted. No harm in that.

Once it is sold, it is sold and that is that. I did say before that I would be selling all my gear and coming out of the sport/hobby.

• 2 weeks later...
I know this sounds kooky, but there is a thread on Hyperscale going now that calls into question the authenticity of the Detective's letter, and whether this is a internet hoax.

Harry

I personally got taken by morgan for about $800. Constable Morley managed to help me recover about $300 from morgan's father, who paid off some of the victims to get his POS kid a reduced sentence. This is all very real and you should proceed with extreme caution when dealing with anyone in or around Cambridgeshire, as he used/uses a lot of aliases. "shytehawk" would be the perfect ebay name for morgan.

As a personal note I am glad to see you got some of your money back Glen, I remember when It happened to you as I had not been around on the forums to long.

If I had been a bit closer I think I might have paid him a visit :worship:

Julien

I personally got taken by morgan for about $800. Constable Morley managed to help me recover about $300 from morgan's father, who paid off some of the victims to get his POS kid a reduced sentence. This is all very real and you should proceed with extreme caution when dealing with anyone in or around Cambridgeshire, as he used/uses a lot of aliases. "shytehawk" would be the perfect ebay name for morgan.

Thanks Julien. And there were MANY more people that got taken for a lot more. And who knows how many that never filed a complaint.

• 2 years later...
Very interesting because DC Morley does not sound like a bona -fide Police officer. I'll contact him on the pnn network and check.

I really don't care if he's "bona fide" or on your "pnn network", whatever that is. DC Morley got me at least a partial recovery of the money morgan cheated me out of and got some jail time for morgan - those are documented facts. Too bad there aren't more officers as tenacious as he was in this case.

Of course there's also a possibility that I don't exist and none of this really happened; I will leave that to the Descartians to debate. I looked myself up on Snopes and I'm not there, so that is a cause for concern.

I really don't care if he's "bona fide" or on your "pnn network", whatever that is. DC Morley got me at least a partial recovery of the money morgan cheated me out of and got some jail time for morgan - those are documented facts. Too bad there aren't more officers as tenacious as he was in this case.

Of course there's also a possibility that I don't exist and none of this really happened; I will leave that to the Descartians to debate. I looked myself up on Snopes and I'm not there, so that is a cause for concern.

Not sure myself but, it could be a number of things such as..... the Pharmacotherapy News Network or the Pesticide Notification Network or maybe the Paranormal News Network. :worship:

Randie