Update on Richard Morgan

G'day to all Richard Morgan victims.Yes he is still in business and doing very nicely, just taken £1000 + selling something he did not have, a boat engine.I will bring you all as up to date as poss. Name now used, Richard Hale,alias Harris,Morgan. Partner in crime, Emma Jarvis.Uses her bank acc for transfer of payments via the various systems, moved through the night from last address 12 Selby Street,Lowestoft,Suffolk NR32 2BE end of Jan beginning of Feb.Last Email Address suttoncat@hotmail.co.uk Last known mob no 07533294071 He, or they have started to advertise on Boats and Outboards,and Apollo Duck and most likely other boat related sites. Beware, they always say they do not have a paypal acc and only accept bank transfers/direct payments into the bank or a least her bank .Cannot take cash as would have to produce goods that you purchased !!! Her bank details to look out for and beware of, Barclays bank,61/63 London Road ,Lowestoft, Suffolk NR32 1LT acc no 63168484.Sort code 20.53.06. ACC NAME EMMA JARVIS From what is known Emma is his partner and assistant simply by him using her account as he does, makes her an accomplice.What amazes me is that he just keeps getting away with it and the police do not seem interested even though it is fraud on a regular and reasonable scale.It is about time our Mr Richard Hale/Morgan/Harris was stopped.Perhaps we should have a fund raising for him and give the money to one of those small companies that are about, to find him and deliver it to him anonymously ???? !!!!

This info was up to date as of June this year(2011).

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure myself but, it could be a number of things such as..... the Pharmacotherapy News Network or the Pesticide Notification Network or maybe the Paranormal News Network. :worship:

Randie

Randie,

ALL POLICE FORCES IN UK have the PNN= POLICE NATIONAL NETWORK exclusive to the police systems and police computers.......it does exist...specifically for the Cops ! :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

SNIP Her bank details to look out for and beware of, Barclays bank,61/63 London Road ,Lowestoft, Suffolk NR32 1LT acc no 63168484.Sort code 20.53.06. ACC NAME EMMA JARVIS SNIP

Oh dear... Isn't this the sort of information those nice gentlemen in Nigeria are looking for when they want to pay you MILLIONS of dollars? Oh, and I think there's a brave US Army Sergeant as well, who has some of Saddam's gold he needs to move from Iraq... I'm tempted, sorely tempted... :whistle:

I can't believe that this toerag is still getting away with nothing less than daylight robbery!

Oh, and if you need a good laugh, this is a thread concerning one of his escapades earlier this year, when he moored his boat to do some fishing - in a busy sea lane! He was almost taken out by a large Russian tanker...

http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389928

Edited by Chris Hughes

Randie,

ALL POLICE FORCES IN UK have the PNN= POLICE NATIONAL NETWORK exclusive to the police systems and police computers.......it does exist...specifically for the Cops ! :thumbsup:

Well I've been in the cops for the last 16 years and I have never heard of it. We just use the normal email system to contact out of force officers, using the,'officer id' @'force ID'.police.uk adress. In fact none of the forces used linked systems other than PNC.

In fact that scratch that I have heard of it. It's the new PNC system, which isn't even online yet!

Nige

Well I've been in the cops for the last 16 years and I have never heard of it. We just use the normal email system to contact out of force officers, using the,'officer id' @'force ID'.police.uk adress. In fact none of the forces used linked systems other than PNC.

In fact that scratch that I have heard of it. It's the new PNC system, which isn't even online yet!

Nige

Nigel..not to worry.

We have had that format for many years here.

Oh dear... Isn't this the sort of information those nice gentlemen in Nigeria are looking for when they want to pay you MILLIONS of dollars? Oh, and I think there's a brave US Army Sergeant as well, who has some of Saddam's gold he needs to move from Iraq... I'm tempted, sorely tempted... :whistle:

I can't believe that this toerag is still getting away with nothing less than daylight robbery!

Oh, and if you need a good laugh, this is a thread concerning one of his escapades earlier this year, when he moored his boat to do some fishing - in a busy sea lane! He was almost taken out by a large Russian tanker...

http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389928

Too bad it turned out to be an "almost."

• 2 years later...

I'm a long term lurker but haven't posted much.

I thought you should all know that I've just avoided today sending a Bank Transfer for an eBay sale to a Richard Morgan here in the UK.

The listing I won said PayPal for payment but he said he was determined to avoid their fees and preferred to accept payment by Bank Transfer. I thought this was OK, but then wised up when he sent his bank details to me and there was his name - Richard Morgan.

I owe Steve B gratitude for a 2008 email he sent to then ARC users (including me); I remembered the name from this. (Funny, I don't just hoard kits but emails too! How sad... ).

I've emailed Steve B privately about this, and have included all the emails between this Richard and me for his information.

This sellers eBay name begins with 's'; he has less than 25 feedbacks and is based in Northamptonshire in the UK. He has 100% feedback at the moment (ironically including one from me last month but that was a smooth PayPal purchase and he was/is on PayPal probation so had to behave himself). His Bank details I received are for Barclays Bank (same bank as in the original posts above) and the location of the seller is in a similar part of the UK to the Richard Morgan of old. When I declined the Bank Transfer in favour of paying by PayPal then he wanted PayPal sent as a gift. At that point I suggested we cancel the sale and he agreed. Sale is now cancelled but he will relist the item (probably this weekend).

The listing I won was for a Trumpeter P-47.

I can't prove definitively this is the same chap as the Richard Morgan in the previous posts, but will say that this seller's behaviour and payment requests place any buyer at risk of losing their money with no comeback. So at the very least it's risky dealing with this person if you purchase items on these terms - you are vulnerable.

Please take care on eBay

AA

Edited by aradoadmirer
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm a long term lurker but haven't posted much.

I thought you should all know that I've just avoided today sending a Bank Transfer for an eBay sale to a Richard Morgan here in the UK.

The listing I won said PayPal for payment but he said he was determined to avoid their fees and preferred to accept payment by Bank Transfer. I thought this was OK, but then wised up when he sent his bank details to me and there was his name - Richard Morgan.

I owe Steve B gratitude for a 2008 email he sent to then ARC users (including me); I remembered the name from this. (Funny, I don't just hoard kits but emails too! How sad... ).

I've emailed Steve B privately about this, and have included all the emails between this Richard and me for his information.

This sellers eBay name begins with 's'; he has less than 25 feedbacks and is based in Northamptonshire in the UK. He has 100% feedback at the moment (ironically including one from me last month but that was a smooth PayPal purchase and he was/is on PayPal probation so had to behave himself). His Bank details I received are for Barclays Bank (same bank as in the original posts above) and the location of the seller is in a similar part of the UK to the Richard Morgan of old. When I declined the Bank Transfer in favour of paying by PayPal then he wanted PayPal sent as a gift. At that point I suggested we cancel the sale and he agreed. Sale is now cancelled but he will relist the item (probably this weekend).

The listing I won was for a Trumpeter P-47.

I can't prove definitively this is the same chap as the Richard Morgan in the previous posts, but will say that this seller's behaviour and payment requests place any buyer at risk of losing their money with no comeback. So at the very least it's risky dealing with this person if you purchase items on these terms - you are vulnerable.

Please take care on eBay

AA

If only I had seen this article about three weeks ago....!

I am currently chasing up non-delivery of an item won at Ebay auction by this seller. He used the Paypal/bank transfer scam on me and sad to say I fell for it. Will keep people updated if and when anything actually arrives. Interesting to know he has got previous for this kind of fraud. I found this article by googling his name and "modeller".

I can only add my recommendation to the "take care" warning posted earlier.

Please feel free to e-mail/message me for more details if required

Chris

If only I had seen this article about three weeks ago....!

I am currently chasing up non-delivery of an item won at Ebay auction by this seller. He used the Paypal/bank transfer scam on me and sad to say I fell for it. Will keep people updated if and when anything actually arrives. Interesting to know he has got previous for this kind of fraud. I found this article by googling his name and "modeller".

I can only add my recommendation to the "take care" warning posted earlier.

Please feel free to e-mail/message me for more details if required

Chris

Positive update to report today. Spoke to Richard Morgan on Mobile number supplied by Ebay yesterday and he promised to send kit I had won at auction. It arrived today recorded delivery and was exactly as described on Ebay.

So it took a while but in the end he came through with the goods despite me having doubts after seeing this article on this forum. Credit where credit is due.

• 3 months later...

Another update from me. It appears that Richard Morgan is once more up to his old tricks.

His latest MO is to use the various Facebook modelling forums (I know, in Latin it should be fora ;) ), especially those where kits are swapped or traded.

He's now living in Kettering, Northamptonshire, UK.

Caveat emptor!

• 2 years later...

An update on Richard Morgan, he is now on face book selling kits on model graveyard and model trader. It seemed legit , so I guess the 20 or so kits he sold and actually had pictures of we shall see the outcome. 

I noticed the last post on this person was from 2014, has anybody geared or has been scammed by this person since?

• 4 weeks later...
On 2017-03-12 at 2:19 PM, Ol Crew Dog said:

An update on Richard Morgan, he is now on face book selling kits on model graveyard and model trader. It seemed legit , so I guess the 20 or so kits he sold and actually had pictures of we shall see the outcome. 

I noticed the last post on this person was from 2014, has anybody geared or has been scammed by this person since?

Once a crook always a crook. I'm sure he finds ways to scam people still.

You would think with PayPal and fraud protection would deter them from actually carrying out the scam. You figure he had a few kits and all inquiries people will fall for it but when he does not follow through he will get the shaft from pay pal?

• 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...