1957 Chevrolet One Fifty

This one is/was kind of special to me, as it's a replica of an actual car we owned when I was six. My father purchased it as a second vehicle, only to sell it a short time later. Originally a V8, someone had transplanted a six/powerglide from a ' 63 Chevy in to it. I had no pictures to use for reference, just some quick shots of home movie footage taken while the car was parked in our back yard. I painted it using Duplicolor white lacquer over Rustoleum Caribbean Blue, with blue dash and black seats for the interior. I added a back seat, swiped from the AMT Pro Shop ' 57 kit, and used the photo etched pieces from that kit as well. The engine/transmission came from the Trumpeter ' 63 Nova kit, and is wired and plumbed.

finish031-1024x768.jpg

finish030-1024x768.jpg

finish027-1024x768.jpg

finish023-1024x768.jpg

finish032-1024x768.jpg

finish020-1024x768.jpg

finish033-1024x768.jpg

finish039m-1024x768.jpg

Pigglywiggly

EXQUISITE build ...

. . and what a way to pay tribute not only to your Father for having such a SUPERB car but to remember your boyhood joy..

Thank you for sharing your FABULOUS 1957 Chevrolet ... :worship:

I personally do not think that they make cars that ooze such passion nowadays .. :yahoo:

Truly a GORGEOIS car in its own right but again a very SPLENDIFEROUS build.. :salute: