Revell 1962 Chevrolet Impala

I was quite enthused when Revell released this kit, simply because it was not an SS. I was less enthused about the fact that it had the big block 409 engine. So, I decided to do a replica of a car I remember seeing in a parking lot a few years before. I spoke to the owner, who told me he'd replaced the original 283 with a 350. Working strictly from memory, I painted this using Duplicolor white lacquer over Tamiya Metallic Blue, then clear coated it. The interior was done using Model Master Nassau Blue, and cleared. The powerplant came from the Revell ' 69 Nova kit.

join013m-1024x768.jpg

join005c-1024x768.jpg

join001m-1024x768.jpg

join020m-1024x768.jpg

join017m-1024x768.jpg

join016m-1024x768.jpg

join014m-1024x768.jpg

Hello pigglywiggly,

:post1:

WELL your BEAUTIFUL blue 1962 Chevrolet is SPLENDID looking.

The photographs showing the profiles shows a very graceful, elegant lines.

She is HOT!! :clap2:

Have you built any more and if f so will you post them here for a peek at them, please thanks.

:clap2::clap2: :gr_hail: :gr_hail: :punk:

(By the way to which motorcycle does that wheel in the rear belong to! :blush:)

Edited by HOLMES

My grandfather had one of these when I was a small child in the early 70's. And the same colors to!

I remember he took me to get his car washed one Saturday morning with him and as we were going thru the car wash I freeked out because of the big drapes that comes down with soap on them. I thought they were monsters. Hey, I was only 4 at the time.

Great job on your Impala! :thumbsup:

Robert

Thanks for the compliments on the Impala. Robert, that's a cool story, and a memory I bet you treasure. As far as the real car I based this on goes, the reason the owner and I ended up talking to each other is because he had just parked a few stalls away from me, while I was inside a local mall. He was standing there perusing my ' 62 Impala 4-door sedan, which had been the last vehicle my Uncle Ben owned before he had to stop driving. My car had been repainted at some point before my Uncle bought it, and was nearly the same shade of blue as his, though not quite as dark. I'd do up a resin Impala 4-door in a heartbeat, if I could find one. But this was still a nice way to replicate some memories from that era. :D