Seafire Mk XV Info Request

Guys,

Can anyone tell me what the colours are of the following areas after these aircraft were in RCN hands:

interior of the wheel covers

wheel wells

cockpit

interior of wing fold

TIA

Brad

Guys,

Can anyone tell me what the colours are of the following areas after these aircraft were in RCN hands:

interior of the wheel covers

wheel wells

cockpit

interior of wing fold

TIA

Brad

Have you been here yet Brad ; http://www.clubhyper.com/reference/seafirexvgmcd_1.htm

or here; http://spitfiresite.com/2010/12/seafire-mk-xv-a-hooked-spitfire-presented.html

I'll keep looking around on my bookshelf for stuff,

Cheers, Tony

Edited by Snowbird3a

Hi Tony,

Yes, I have. I am just wondering how much is restored and how much is original. I have the Petipas book on the RCN Seafire and the Martin book on RCN colours and markings, and neither get into these details.

Cheers

Brad

Edited by Brad-M

Just judging by my black and white pics versus the Tecumseh pics in colour, it looks like they got most of it correct. Looks like underside grey for the wells and doors to me(for the EDSG over Grey later scheme)

Good luck-still searching

Tony

Hi Tony,

That's what I am thinking too. I am doing a kitbash of the Airfix Mk XII, the Mk XVII Seafire kits, and some aftermarket stuff.

Cheers

Brad

Just judging by my black and white pics versus the Tecumseh pics in colour, it looks like they got most of it correct. Looks like underside grey for the wells and doors to me(for the EDSG over Grey later scheme)

Good luck-still searching

Tony

Edited by Brad-M

Brad:

I've had a look thru my stuff as well and I would have to go underside colour (MSG) for the EDSG over MSG later paint jobs and interior green for the temperate sea scheme as delivered.

Alvin5182

Brad:

I'd have to say Green based on a couple of photos in Leo Pettipas' book. Page 63 shows the entry door down and it is certainly a lighter colour than the upper camo. I just happened to have that photo copied as an icon on my desktop. I am sure there are other photos showing similar "stuff" in the book.

Alvin5182