Another WNW Fokker DVII Question

John,

I'm not sure, but is is very unlikely. Why would WNW box three versions of the D.VII if only the decals are different? And on top they are selling separate decals too for the D.VII. I have the Fokker version and there too a lot of parts weren't used for the models in the manual, but I could use some for my LVA version.

So the remaining interesting question is what the actual differences are for a Fokker, Albatros or OAW built Fokker.

regards,

Ivo

John,

So the remaining interesting question is what the actual differences are for a Fokker, Albatros or OAW built Fokker.

regards,

Ivo

Aside from some small detail differences, I thought the main difference were the configuration of vents on the engine cowlings. The kit has multiple cowling parts that are listed as "unneeded" so I thought those might allow one to build one of the other versions.....

Exactly! I checked the WNW website (model images) and I found that there are three different engine cowling sprues for the three versions, Fokker, OAW and Albatros built. So there is a difference between the kits, but the only difference are the engine cowlings.

Thesame goes for the yet to be released Fokker D.VIIF. This kit also has separate cowlings and of course it has a BMW engine. The released 3 Fokker D.VII kits all have a Mercedes engine.

regards,

Ivo