1/48 Indian Airforce Mig-29A Diorama

Hello,

I am back with one my favorite aircraft Mig-29A' model in Indian Airforce's 28th Squadron scheme.

Kit :1/48 Academy MiG-29A

Corrected Nose and Nozzle :From Ebay

Aires cockpit and PE set

Decals:Hi-Decals (Thanks to Don -Browning)

Access Ladder, Towbar, Intake ,exhaust covers and IRST covers and the Ground support equipment -Scratch built with styrene, copper wire and sprue trees

Figures:Monogram spares, Warsaw pact Pilot

Base-ICM PAG-14 Soviet airfield plates and Photo frame.

weathering: Oil paints,Pastels

This build is special fpr me because there are lot of first tries in this build. This is the first kit I ever tried rescribing the panel lines. This is the first time I tried scratch building several features of the diorama. It was a very slow build, I started this kit last year same time and several other projects took priority over this. But any thing created slow will turn good is true here. I think i made an ok diorama. Please do let me know what you guys think.

IMG_1807_zpsbc672906.jpg

IMG_1802_zps44814a01.jpg

IMG_1806_zps00379008.jpg

IMG_1803_zpscc25ba4e.jpg

IMG_1826_zps24cb324a.jpg

More pictures to follow

Thanks

Vivek

Edited by vivkulan

That's an absolute beauty!! Your ground support equipment definitely looks aftermarket on first glance! I recently posted an Indian Air Force MiG-29 in 1/144, so it's real exciting to see your excellent diorama here just a few days later!! Would love to see a detail close-up of the cockpit if possible. :)

That's an absolute beauty!! Your ground support equipment definitely looks aftermarket on first glance! I recently posted an Indian Air Force MiG-29 in 1/144, so it's real exciting to see your excellent diorama here just a few days later!! Would love to see a detail close-up of the cockpit if possible. :)/>

Thanks for the compliment.I scratch built the GSU by looking at reference pictures which was not very mnany for indian airforce.I intended to add more details .But I guess i became lazy.Will post the pictures of the cockpit today .Aires cockpit was a real pain to fit it in the academy kit. Lots of sanding and cutting.