TF-104G Lockheed Demonstrator

Superscale did this in 1/72, maybe they did in 1/48 as well?

Nope, Microscale/Superscale never released them in 1/48. Probably because there wasn't a suitable TF kit in 1/48 at the time (the 1/72 sheet is at least 25 years old).

Wonder why Hasegawa never released the kit. It was on the Dragon site with a release date, but never materialized. Licensing issue maybe?

In all honesty it would be great to see some new F-104 sheets released. Rocketeer had a great set of sheets for NASA/NACA F-104's but it was in 1/72 scale only. I feel like a 1/48 sheet to that effect would sell like hot cakes. And you could have a civilian sheet even with the Demonstrator, The Starfighters team, and The Red Baron Record breaker.

Just dreaming probably....

Zach

Here are some shots of the TF-104 demonstrator that might help those who wish to create the markings.

TF-104-1.jpg

TF-104-2.jpg

TF-104-3.jpg

TF-104-4.jpg

TF-104-5.jpg

Note the word 'Experimental' was added between the cockpits.

TF-104-6.jpg

Jackie Cochran flew the TF-104 for familiarization only. She made her speed record flight in a rather plain looking F-104G.

F-104-Cochran.jpg

Tony

I'll defs be interested in a set if you're gonna be selling them! (1/72 please?)

I don't make or sell decals.

You can print decals at home with Papilio clear decal paper and an inkjet printer.

I am going to finish up the decals, but first I need to get my 2 seater 104 out of storage to figure out the dimentions and proportions.

Then those can be printed in any scale.

OK, These decals can be printed in either clear or white decal paper.

If printed in clear, then you need to paint a white circle first where the meat ball would go in the model.

If printing on white decal film , then you need to cut around the decal's edge.

If you would like a vector file to print your own set, just PM me. NO commercial decal printers please.

f104.png

Edited by pookie