A-4 Super Fox engine nozzle question

When the A-4F's were upgraded with the new engine/inlet, did the nozzle change as well? I was looking at my A-4M kit from Hasegawa and noticed there was a replacement nozzle. I'm assuming the nozzle was upgraded as well, but I wanted to make sure.

Darren, I don't think that is an "engine version" deal

I think it has more to do with the time period, there are pics of NA-4B, late A-4C, etc with that same "longer than the Sugar Scoop" tailpipe

Some of the very early Mikes have the short tailpipe (in other words, the Sugar Scoop lines up with the end of the pipe)

Darren, I don't think that is an "engine version" deal

I think it has more to do with the time period, there are pics of NA-4B, late A-4C, etc with that same "longer than the Sugar Scoop" tailpipe

Some of the very early Mikes have the short tailpipe (in other words, the Sugar Scoop lines up with the end of the pipe)

Thanks for the gouge. Should I include it in the SB Super Fox update? It will have the BA boarding ladder. Do you know if the BA aircraft or any of the adversaries had it?

let me go squint a while, then I will edit this post with anything I find

It appears that you need the long pipe for almost all Adversary and Blue Angels aircraft, except for the famous AD-320 of VF-43, that still had the short pipe

as for other A-4E/F, it is best to include some sort of "verify with photo" warning/comment

there are Super E with short or long pipes, early F and M with short pipe, etc

Edited by Rex
there are Super E with short or long pipes, early F and M with short pipe, etc

Super Echo's??? I've heard of the super Fox's, but not super Echo's...

darren can you also put in the bent refuling probe used by the blue angels. are you thinking of doing a resin set for the blue angels skyhawks? if so let me know because i would like to help

Quickboost already has a bent refueling probe, plus my casting skills aren't that great for something so thin!

I thought that Hasegawa included both varieties of tailpipes in their kits? Or is there a third type I'm missing?

All Hasegawa A-4 kits have two tailpipes on the D parts frame. Their Super Fox and M kits add one more on the Q parts frame.

Hey Rex, you ever hear of any echo's with the P-408 engine from the super fox installed? That one's been floating on my radar for a few days as I research the adversary jets for an upcoming release.

Mike, is that the reason for the Mongoose nickname?

I do seem to remember that a lot of Adversary aircraft were Echos with equipment removed,,,,,maybe those were up-engined also,,,,,,,,,,or maybe up-engined after serving as humpless adversary aircraft for a time

Sounds like a question for either Tommy T or Joe H, they would more likely have the info,,,,,,,my focus has mostly been the "line birds", with Adversary aircraft and such being researched only when I build one