Best 1/144 Airbus 319?

Sorry if this has been asked to death but can anyone tell me what may be the best 1/44 Airbus 319 out there? I only know of the Revell one but was wondering if someone else did a better one. I have an Extratech set I'd like to use so I'd like to give an airliner a try.

Thanks,

The Revell kit is fine, but it has some small accuracy issues. But it builds very well.

You can use your Extra Tech PE on an A319, A320 and A321, it does not necessarily have to be an A319 as they are all equal except for the fuselage length (and a more complicated flap system on the 321, but that does not affect the use of the PE parts).

Indeed Zvezda announced a new A320 of which is said it will have separate flaps and slats. I know Zvezda well enough not to be surprised when it actually has! However, most Revell kits have an excellent decal sheet while Zvezda's decals generally are 'meh'.

Edited by TheFlyingDutchman

Thank you all very much for the feedback! Good to know that I can pick the 320 and 321 and be able to still use the PE set.

One more question, if I may. This being my first airliner and all, should I remove/fill the kit's panel lines to make the overall look of the kit better? I know I've read somewhere that the panel lines on these airliners are just too out of scale for them to look accurate on the model.

Totally depends on personal taste I'd say. I like to have mine with the panel lines, and I even highlight them slightly with a wash or pencil.

For my taste, having the whole airframe plain and smooth looks like these display models you can find at travel agencies.

One more question, if I may. This being my first airliner and all, should I remove/fill the kit's panel lines to make the overall look of the kit better? I know I've read somewhere that the panel lines on these airliners are just too out of scale for them to look accurate on the model.

Usually I don't.

Take a look - this is what could be built out of Revell kit:

1359730411_IMG_1530_1.jpg

1359730409_IMG_1321.jpg

1359730419_IMG_1577_1.jpg

1359730426_IMG_1611.jpg

I'd say the panel lines look quite natural.

Full story (including some in-process pics) here - sorry, Russian only:

http://scalemodels.ru/modules/myarticles/img_6006_1359730411_IMG_1530_1.jpg.html

Edited by pin

With absolutely no panel lines a model will look like a toy, but it's a matter of personal taste.

You are certainly right....

However...

... How many airliner modellers would be happy to build such a "toy like" model !

Edited by AV O

Good morning,

Each to his own on this subject, but go to any airport and look at the real aircraft sitting there. Even on "clean" ones you can see panel lines. On a recent trip back to Australia on Qantas, you could see the panel lines (all but faintly) on the white fuselage and that was from about a 100 feet away in the terminal. Needless to say, I like panel lines.

Cheers,

Jarrod