Sukhoi Su-27 Flanker B 1/32 Trumpeter

Hi there,

I am new in the forum, and have never posted before in this section. I have finished few time ago this enormous and smart aircraft. I have added some extra detail sets from Aires (wheel bays, exhaust nozzles and cockpit), and admission intakes, pylons, early stinger and canopy from Zactomodels. I also added some extra detail with plasticard.

I tried to replicate "Blue 08" seen a t2004 Brno Airshow. I used Linden Hill decals for the decoration, and also Begemot decals for stencils.

I hope you enjoy. Your comments will be welcome!

I will add the missiles later, they're being prepared for painting.

You can see the whole building process at my modeling site:

http://www.indetailmodeling.com/aircrafts/sukhoi_sbsen/sukhoi_en.html

DSC_5334.jpg

DSC_5279_800x536-1.jpg

DSC_5286_800x536.jpg

DSC_5274_800x536.jpg

DSC_5269_800x536.jpg

DSC_5265_800x536.jpg

DSC_5230_800x536.jpg

DSC_5154_800x536.jpg

DSC_5349.jpg

DSC_5343.jpg

Cheers,

J. Ignacio Hernandez

Edited by J. Ignacio Hernandez

Very nice model. Seriously.

Now, for the critique part. :(

I don't feel good doing this because even on my best day, i can't build such a nice model (i never tried 1/32 before, but still).

The only point i can make to improve the Flanker just a little bit is the roundles. They look a bit to clean compared to the rest of the paintjob.

Other than that, i can't find a fault.

Great job.

That is a beautiful model, well done.

I think that is the first one that I've seen using Zactomodels early tail stinger. It looks very good. I had to look twice at the photo that you posted of the intake area. It is very realistic :thumbsup:

Thank you for sharing your big Su-27 with us.

Cheers.

:cheers:

Hi guys,

Great thanks again,

I really appreciate it!! Although I uploaded very few photos....I should have uploaded some few more...

Streetstream. you are right. The Ukrainian roundles are much too clean in comparison to the aircraft, but it maybe solved fastly... I sould have weathered them a little. Great thanks for the criticism, I really appreciate it very much. There's no perfect kit, at least I can speak from what I've seen in my whole life!

Cheers,

J. Ignacio

Hi again guys,

Great thanks again for your kind words, RichardL and jward....

I have spent some time assembling Zactomodels R-27 and R-73 missiles... Superb pieces Chris!! They are incredibly molded and detailed. I expect to hearing from you again with new stuff...

I show you some photo in order you can see the aircraft with them attached. I hope you like, and your comments and critiques will be also welcome!

Cheers from Spain,

J. Ignacio

DSC_5334.jpg

DSC_5349.jpg

• 3 weeks later...