Ingredients:

Tamiya 1/32 F-16CJ Block 50

Tamiya 1/32 F-16C Thunderbirds

Hasegawa 1/32 F-16A

ZactoModels 1/32 AIM-9D and AIM-9L/M

Quickboost 1/32 F-16A Netz update set

Isradecals 1/32 F-16A Netz conversion

Isradecals 1/32 F-16A Netz decals

Thought I'd started a thread, but looks like I never really did, so here is some progress on this build. Started making all of the necessary panel changes and airframe changes to backdate the kit to an A.

Tamiya fin with refulling light housing removed from leading edge, Hasegawa tail fin base mated to the bottom, Isradecals resin piece fitted to the top (the only piece used from the Isra set and it was rescribed and sanded anyway). Just in the process of scribing and rivetting the Hasegawa part to match the rest of the kit details.

1.jpg

Tail fin recess filled and sanded and marking out of panels to change on the rear fuselage.

2.jpg

Quickboost GPS antenna added (after sanding off panel detail from kit), inboard tooth filled on leading edge flap hinge, and resin copy of gun port glued in place (long story short, screwed the original piece adding F-16A style gun port and then found out this aircraft had the F-16C style fairing).

3.jpg

Engine donut panel added from Thunderbirds kit, square styrene tube added for mounting pole, forward chaff/flare dispensers filled and rear etched parts glued in place. All white styrene is from the Thunderbirds kit.

4.jpg

Gear doors added from Thunderbirds kit. Aircraft will be in flight pose. Removed strengthening plates from behind the intake lights and IFF blade antennae from under the nose. Intake interior painted white.

5.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Nice work so far Craig. I have several AM sets you are using here to back date F-16C as well. So, I'll be following your build with interest to see who it turns out. Btw, any new update??

Mike