These guys have decent looking resin for the X-15 cockpit landing gear and tanks. I understand they have had a checkered history. Is it still a very dogdy proposition to work with these guys or have they improved their reputation at all?

I would love to pick the sets up. They list them for $55 for a full meal deal but direct seems to be the only way to find them and I am leary of them based on what I have heard.

Thoughts?

Zach

I can't say anything about them currently because I haven't seen or heard from them in quite some time. They were pretty questionable about business ethics and were said to be pirating some parts. I remember for while he had created different names to log on and give good reviews of his own products and at one point sold the company to himself so he could claim to not know about the past (yup, crazy ain't it?) so there is a little to be concerned about.

BUT having said that, I have heard good things about the X-15 set from others. So I guess the best advice would be to tread lightly and carefully. Maybe someone has more current information about them to see if they've changed their ways.

Good luck.

Bill

I would suggest dropping them an email to verify these sets are still available. Some customers have stated they received their sets but parts were missing and had difficulty getting the additional items. Personally, I had not issues with mine as I bought them through GreatModels before Sprue Brothers bought them out. The quality of the sets are very nice and will save you quite a bit of work if you can get them. As a last resort, there's always Ebay...

These guys have decent looking resin for the X-15 cockpit landing gear and tanks. I understand they have had a checkered history. Is it still a very dogdy proposition to work with these guys or have they improved their reputation at all?

I would love to pick the sets up. They list them for $55 for a full meal deal but direct seems to be the only way to find them and I am leary of them based on what I have heard.

Thoughts?

Zach

Concur with Tony. Daniel (Golden Dragon, Super Bug, whatever he's calling himself this week...) seems to have upped the quality of his sets and the ones I have are pretty nice. My landing gear set was missing parts from the dolly, but I didn't really care, as I don't plan to use the dolly it and I got the set really cheap from Greatmodels. Daniel's currently trading on evilBay, but I haven't seen any of the X-15 stuff there lately, only his B-52 parts.

Post what you find. I am a believer that even if a company had a shady past, if they can truly change and become a legit and good quality company, then they should have their second chance. So let us know how it goes.

Bill