F-14A Tomcat VF-1 Wolfpack

A while ago I posted in the General Discussion forum stating that I had a pretty bad case of modelers block and several of you guys gave me some great advise. So I cleared of my bench and start fresh with a familiar friend. A Hasegawa F-14. This isn't the easiest kit to build but I've built 4 before this one so I feel like I have a pretty good handle on it.

I decided to go with the '76-'77 Enterprise cruise after doing some research and realizing that this time frame would require the least amount of backdating.

IMG_1031_zpsfff373f6.jpg

I tried my best to keep the weathering as subtle as possible. All the weathering was done with pastels.

IMG_1033_zpscbd992bb.jpg

IMG_1035_zpsd7473408.jpg

IMG_1037_zps40f4ed27.jpg

IMG_1039_zpsb84d963a.jpg

IMG_1041_zps248a079c.jpg

IMG_1042_zpsd1c515fd.jpg

-Xavi

Edited by xavi84

I decided to go with the '67-'77 Enterprise cruise after doing some research and realizing that this time frame would require the least amount of backdating.

-Xavi

Great Looking Tomcat! 10 year cruise though? After all my time on aircraft carriers I would have been insane by year 3. :woot.gif:/>

KiowaFixer/FormerTomcatFixer

What a supreme build that. That ghouls and boils is the way a Tomcat should look....the perfect scheme. Da Pack is Back.....and it ain't the one in Northern Wisconsin or N. Carolina.

Edited by #1 Greywolf
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...