Interior avionic bays Tomcat's color ???

Hi everybody...

I would like to ask about color of interiors with avionic bays in Tomcats...I know already as all segment with Vulcan ,ammunition drum and ladder bays was white inside...what with the avionic bays...it is looks like a yellow color...is it standard yellow zinc chromatic interior color ?? Is it was any scheme which bays what colors and if is only these two were ??

Thanks for any info

Regards

Artur "Turecki" Pucyk

Hi everybody...

I would like to ask about color of interiors with avionic bays in Tomcats...I know already as all segment with Vulcan ,ammunition drum and ladder bays was white inside...what with the avionic bays...it is looks like a yellow color...is it standard yellow zinc chromatic interior color ?? Is it was any scheme which bays what colors and if is only these two were ??

Thanks for any info

Regards

Artur "Turecki" Pucyk

The avionics bays are standard yellow zinc chromate. The paint in there is pretty beaten up- chipped to show bare aluminum underneath, as well as stained by dirty maintainer mitts (like mine). The backs of the panels were either yellow zinc chromate or gloss white, depending on what panel we are talking about... Check your refs for the location and time period.

Hope this helps!

Edited by Nick Kessel

Thanks Nick! this should be absolutely enough...because my planned VF-103 Tomcat is very rare on a pictures with open avionics i take as a scheme open Cats from other squadrons in this time...

Have a nice day...