Boeing 777-200 British Airways "Wings" Livery - COMPLETED

Made a start on this 777, which will be done in British Airways' "Wings" livery. The wings have been glued and the engine fans and wheels have been painted. More progress soon...

006_zps6558ae98.jpg

Dennis

Edited by LHRHKG
  • 2 weeks later...

Progress so far...

Fuselage painted and clearcoated. Paints used are Mr White Surfacer 1000 -> Tamiya TS-27 flat white -> TS-15 Blue -> TS-13 Clear

The TS-15 is quite a close match to the BA Blue when compared to a tin of Xtracolor X322... close enough for me anyway.

Took three or four attempts before I was happy with the masking line for the blue belly. Had to re-spray a section of white just behind the wing after some blue paint bled through the masking tape...

002_zpscc6bf78a.jpg

001_zps15074b10.jpg

Wings and horizontal stabilisers painted with Mr Hobby #97 light grey and corrogard decals from Liveries Unlimited. Leading edges were sprayed with Tamiya AS-12 Bare Metal Silver.

Landing gear painted with Mr Hobby #11 gull grey and #33 matt black

003_zps00522f25.jpg

The engines will be painted next, and also make a start on the decals

Thanks for Looking

Dennis

Edited by LHRHKG

Had a few minutes to spare tonight and the first decals are on... they were very easy to work with and went on beautifully

001_zpsfd488926.jpg

Thanks for looking

Dennis

Edited by LHRHKG

Thanks for the comments!

About the masking... luckily on this one a strip of 10mm Tamiya tape lined up with the panel line below the windows give the perfect mask for the straight sections.

For the curved sections at the nose and back, I masked with 1 mm Mr Hobby masking strips. This is excellent for doing curves on fuselages as it is very flexible. Using photos as well as trial and error, I put down one strip of the 1 mm tape and "bent" it into the shape required. Quite easy to do and no cutting is required.

004_zpsc55bc1aa.jpg

And the tail decals are now on... some patching up and touch up paint was needed but overall it was trouble free

002_zps415d96bc.jpg

Thanks for looking

Dennis

Edited by LHRHKG
  • 2 weeks later...
002_zps1dab2b8b.jpg

A gorgeous build!

I'm curious what's going on with the third grouping of windows in this picture as they appear darker than the first two.... I see that you've left the fuselage windows open but it doesn't look like you painted the interior black.

I didn't fill the windows on this one and just covered them with the window decals. The inside of the fuselage was not painted black either.

In that photo, I have already appled the third row of window decals that's why they appear darker...