1/32 Trumpeter A-10C Hog- "Putting Lipstick on a Pig of a Kit"

Chuck,

that is simply beautiful and very realistic! Great work, not only with the model but at the same time your informative blog-type posts here. I really learned a lot from your work.

I admire and appreciate especially your clean and neat way of building; there is no paint or glue residue anywhere on the model, no over glued parts, no stains around. All painting is very precise and the lines between different colors is very clean. Even with very small parts, you have not even a tiny bit of lint, scracth or mistake anywhere. There is no thick paint anywhere. For instance, when I saw the last addition to the cockpit (that small data box thingy), I saw a lot of effort gone into that small bit in the form of PE parts, rivets etc., but how come you achieve such clean and realistic work is a total mistery for me:)

Thank you very much for sharing your work!

I am impatient for the final pics of the model...

salih

Chuck,

Thanks for the fantastic modeling adventure over the last 20 or so months. It's been quite a trip. I personally learned way more then I ever thought possible, and had a great time in the process. Looking forward to your finished picture sets. Any idea of when you will be starting your 1/32 scale P-38?

Joel

Thanks Boys! I spent several hours last night trying to photograph this beast and I finally have something to show. The model is HUGE at about 2 feet by 2 feet and it weighs quite a bit- maybe 3 pounds?- so maneuvering it around and flipping it over was quite a challenge without breaking anything. I'll post these pics in the Display Case maybe tomorrow, but I'll give you guys the first peek. Of course Photobucket's crappy resolution of only 1024 pixels wide deteriorates a lot of the detail, but the pics still look pretty good nonetheless. I'm pretty happy with it and I think the flaws are fairly minimal. I'm sure glad this project is over! :yahoo:

PicFinal1.jpg

PicFinal2.jpg

PicFinal3.jpg

PicFinal4.jpg

PicFinal5.jpg

PicFinal6.jpg

PicFinal7.jpg

PicFinal8.jpg

PicFinal9.jpg

PicFinal10.jpg

Edited by chuck540z3

Thanks again guys. I'll do up a summary of this build in about a week or two, so those who want to skip all the old pages can get the "Readers Digest" version of what was done or used for "lipstick" on this difficult kit.

Hi Chuck,

Really enjoyed the build (and learned a huge amount).

Now I guess you are contemplating on in the Euro One scheme?

All the best for future work.

Thanks Duane, but there is no way in H.. E.. Double hockey stick that I'll ever touch this kit again. Once in a modeling lifetime is plenty!

Chuck,

INCREIDBLY STUNNING A-10 Hog. :worship: :worship: :worship:

I have been following this for a while and it is simply SUPERB to see all your hard work

and EXQUISITE workmanship with wonderful techniques etc come to fruition.

SHE LOOKS IMPECCABLY GORGEOUS.... :wub: :wub: :kissing2:

The photos are SUPERBLY taken too..

KUDOS :smiley-whacky084:

Edited by HOLMES

Chuck you are superb.

Every time I see your thread, my skills are put to shame :bandhead2: . On the positive side, I learn so much from your threads. Its like taking an online course on model making.

This particular one was the most challenging of all builds you have undertaken as far as I know. Needless to say, its fantastic.

Wow! This one is a real stunner! A real masterpiece.

I think I'd better take a bib for drool. :)/>

Cheers and happy modeling!

Alexander

Ha! You just like those fantastic AIM-9L/M missiles (you made). :P