f4u-4 1/48 corsair

Yes.

However fabric details are not that easy to see even on the real Corsair.

F4U-4_VF-871_CV-9_1952.jpg

g439903.jpg

Depends on personal tastes, maybe.

I do agree. It will depend on which work you prefere to do. Technically you should have to only remove the little extra hump on the spibne since that was just an addition to the Corsairs, but Hasegawa made the mistake of lowering the spine and THAN adding the hump. This leaves the question on which mods should be done to which kit. I find scibing extremely easy and fast.

You are right regarding the Hase -5 back. I read all your posts on -4 comparisons before trying this (thanks for your help !), but I forgot to correct this point, and the hood seems sitting too high on the back now.

Hope I remember it next time, in case I build a -4A with Mania nose, Hase -5 fuse and Tam -1 wings.

• 2 weeks later...

The F4U-4 is a very important aircraft in American history which has been neglected by the Important and reputable model companies. It is a shame this is so. I would have expected Tamiya, Revell. Hasegawa, Eduard or even ICM or Roden to have taken an initiative. Since the Hobby Boss is a joke and not even in contention for serious consideration the field is still open. I no longer consider the Chinese companies seriously unless it is for a modern jet of a communist origin. The F8F, F6F, F4F, Seafang, Spitefull, Etc Etc are all an abomination also. There is no reason for this since there are excellent kits which they could have copied and improved upon. I just can't understand it.